Are you an addict? DO NOT FIND THIS CACHE
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Ultra-easy to find, but oh-so hard to resist. It's in an unattractive location and there is no challenge. Accessible to all, day or night. DO NOT FIND THIS CACHE!
There are numerous DO NOT FIND THIS CACHE hides around the world but historical research shows that the first one of those is offered by Team Cheesehead of Wisconsin (GC7086) placed in July of 2002.
SO, do you have a problem with geocaching? Are you obsessed with numbers? Only you can answer these questions for yourself. If you've got a problem it's time to admit it and deal with it. Not doing this cache could be your first step.
Answering the following quiz may help to put your relationship with geocaching into perspective for you. If you end up answering "yes" to three or more questions, you may want to take a good look how your life is affected by geocaching. Be honest now...
1. Has caching interfered with work?
2. Do you have trouble refusing geocaching?
3. Do you need geocaching in order to have fun at a party?
4. Do you use geocaching to help you relax?
5. Have you tried to give up geocaching and failed?
6. Do you crave geocaching as soon as you wake up?
7: Have you ever cancelled or changed plans in order to nab a FTF?
8: Do you check your email every day to see what new caches are in your area?
9. Do you lie to others about how often you partake in geocaching?
10. Have you found yourself in financial difficulties because of geocaching?
11. Do you often wish people would just mind their own business about you and geocaching?
12. Have you put relationships at risk because of geocaching?
13. Do you have a special caching bag that is always ready to go at a moments notice?
14. Do you have special caching trousers used solely for caching?
15. Do you check geocaching.com web site more than once a day?
16. Is geocaching the only reason you own a PDA?
17. Do you own more than one GPS?
18. Does your car have sat-nav just because of caching?
19: Is your car or your dog a travel bug?
20: Do you get annoyed with yourself if you do not get FTF?
This cache is here to help. This cache is a test to see how addicted to Geocaching you really are. YOUR GOAL IS TO NOT FIND THIS CACHE.
We all know that there are those among us (and you know who you are!) who, when they look at the page showing their 20 nearest caches, see nothing but a perfect page full of finds. Then that new cache comes along and spoils your pristine page. It sits there at the top of the list. Taunting you. Staring at you like a giant unblinking eye. It calls out to you. "Fiiiind meeee..." You comply, even though the sun is barely peeking over the horizon. If you're lucky, you score a First to Find, and then race back to log it in and remove it from your top 20 list. Ahhhhh. All is in order again.
The question is, how strong are you? Can you resist searching out this cache? You have nothing to gain from finding it.
• There is no invigorating hike, no physical challenge whatsoever.
• There is no puzzle to solve, no code to crack, no curiosity to find. In fact I'm telling you it is behind the 15mph sign.
• There are no breathtaking views, in fact it is beside a housing estate
• There is no cool first to find prize or other tasty cache-swag to trade. In fact, the cache contains no more than a logsheet. And no you don't have to check in case the Bonus Cache details are in there. They are not!
• You can park to within 10 feet of the cache.
The ONLY thing you have to reward yourself from searching out this cache is just adding another find to your total. Just one number more. No glory. Just a number. Just another lame film cannister. Show the world how strong you are. You can stop Geocaching anytime you want. Really you can.
To help you overcome the urge to do this cache (and before you get too smart, logging this as "did not find" will simply prove you are dependent but in denial) the following "hall of shame" will be updated with the names of the most weak-willed cachers in the area as and when they log this cache!
Hall of shame.
Oruvaq gur 15 zcu fvta