How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Small Cache off the interstate. Easy screw top with log & pencil.
The village of Bushnell came about with the arrival of Union Pacific Railroad. The townsite was homesteaded by Rev. Leslie and Mrs. Minnie Stevens. A post office was established in 1886; the first building in Bushnell was a general merchandise store, built in 1887. The first school was organized in 1887. James Newell served as the first postmaster, the proprietor of the first merchandise store in Bushnell, and the director of the school. He later served as one of the first county commissioners when the county division went through. The village's first depot was a box car set off on the south side of the tracks.
Bushnell was named for a director of the Union Pacific Railroad, Cornelius Scranton Bushnell. In its infancy, Bushnell carried the name of Orkney, because the post office department thought "Bushnell" sounded too much like "Rushville." It is the last town in western Nebraska on the main line of the Union Pacific Railroad.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum