Skip to Content

Traditional Geocache

La-Bièvre-en-Josas #5 La maison du pont de pierre

A cache by geoboss78 Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 10/3/2009
In Île-de-France, France
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size: small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Série découverte de la Bièvre aux Loges-en-Josas et à Jouy-en-Josas
Discover the Bièvre river in Les-Loges-en-Josas and Jouy-en-Josas

Français
English

Cette cache fait partie d'une série de 6 caches + 1 bonus le long de la Bièvre. Vous devez collecter un indice par cache (il se trouve sur le couvercle) pour trouver la cache bonus.
Vous pouvez faire la série à pied en partant du parking de la cache bonus (voir les waypoints pour les coordonnées). Prévoir environ 6 km aller-retour.

This cache is part of a 6-plus-bonus-cache series along the Bièvre river. You need to gather one hint on each cache (it is on the cover) to find the bonus one.
You can find all the caches on foot starting from the car park of the bonus cache (see coordinates in the waypoints). Plan about 6 km for the walk
#5 La maison du pont de pierre

Cette maison fut louée au maçon Jean Pigné en 1760 par Oberkampf, fondateur de la manufacture des toiles de Jouy, et son associé Tavannes. C'est là que la première pièce de tissu fut imprimée le 1er mai 1760. Elle fut acquise en 1774. En 1834, elle fut rachetée par Madame Jules Mallet et transformée en salle d'asile. En 1978, elle fut acquise par la municipalité auprès de la Banque Neuflize-Schlumberger-Mallet et elle devint école de musique en 1984.

Depuis le pont de pierre, vous pouvez voir le cénotaphe d'Oberkampf.

This house was rented to John Mason Pigné in 1760 by Oberkampf, founder of the 'toiles de Jouy' manufactory, and his partner Tavannes. The first piece of fabric was printed here on May 1st 1760. The house was acquired in 1774. In 1834, it was bought by Madame Jules Mallet and converted into an asylum. In 1978, it was acquired by the municipality from the Bank Neuflize-Schlumberger-Mallet and transformed in music school in 1984.

From the stone bridge, you can see Oberkampf's cenotaph.

Bonne promenade !
Have a nice journey!

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

cnf orfbva q'ragere qnaf yr wneqva / ab arrq gb ragre gur tneqra

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

355 Logged Visits

Found it 320     Didn't find it 28     Write note 1     Temporarily Disable Listing 1     Enable Listing 1     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 1     Owner Maintenance 2     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 31 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:21:58 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:21 PM GMT)
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page