***** NOT AT THE PUBLISHED COORDINATES *******
The last digit of the year Ernest Hemingway won the Pulitzer for Old Man and the Sea = x
The numbered day in October that Edgar Allan Poe died = y
Sylvia Plath’s age when she died = z
October 20, 2009
National Day on Writing:
In light of the significance of writing in our national life, to draw attention to the remarkable variety of writing we engage in, and to help writers from all walks of life recognize how important writing is to their lives, October 20, 2009, will be celebrated as The National Day on Writing. The National Day on Writing will:
* celebrate the foundational place of writing in Americans' personal, professional, and civic lives.
* point to the importance of writing instruction and practice at every grade level, for every student and in every subject area from preschool through university.
* emphasize the lifelong process of learning to write and composing for different audiences, purposes, and occasions.
* recognize the scope and range of writing done by the American people and others.
* honor the use of the full range of media for composing.
* encourage Americans to write and enjoy and learn from the writing of others.
Click here for more information