Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Most objects of interest in the Parque Nacional del Teide are appreciated with information boards. These two stone roses unfortunately not.
Watch this EarthCache location on YouTube or visit our YouTube EarthCache Channel.
The Forgotten Roses are the result of a combination of processes which were initiated when the lava river got cold, which formed this singular geological structure. When the lava is solidifying, its mass contracts and cracks. That´s why when the rocks are exposed to the wind and weather, they sometimes tend to crack adopting some characteristic shapes. In some cases, when the rocks are broken into hexagonal prisms, organs are created. If the cracks are of a radial type, "stone petals" are easily loosen, producing the formation of roses.
- Measure (or estimate) the length of the right stone rose. Please send us an e-mail with the answer. Please wait for approval Email before you make your log. Important! Please add your GC Name to Email Subject!
- Please take a optional picture of you or your GPS in front of the stone roses and add it to your log.
- You can log without waiting for permission.
Logs without approval Email will be deleted without comment.
We hope you will enjoy this EarthCache as much as we do. We thank you for your visit and are looking forward to your Emails!
Kind regards, Kate!
In combination with this cache you can log Waymark WM7JWN.
Statistik / Statistics
- 02.11.2009 Listing created.
- 10.11.2009 Waymarking info added.
- 08.12.2010 Geocoin removed.
- 23.01.2011 Picture optional.
- 13.05.2012 Opencaching removed.
(No hints available.)
Loading Cache Logs...
Last Updated: on 6/19/2018 3:11:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time (10:11 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum