Middle Tennessee Council, Upper Cumberland District, Adventures of Scouting, Backpacking
This is one of 10 caches placed in Clay, Overton, Jackson and Putnam counties to promote the centennial year of the Boy Scouts of America. Each cache has a special punch inside the lid used to verify that you found it, along with a collectible card featuring an activity that Boy Scouts enjoy.
Scouting offers the sort of adventures that many youth never get the opportunity to experience. From cycling to climbing to SCUBA to caving, scouts get to explore their world. This cache series is dedicated to the various activities that scouts can partake in. Each cache, at its publishing, has a trading card that highlights one of the many adventures in scouting and an orienteering punch to punch an Adventures in Scouting score card. This card can be downloaded at: (visit link) Enjoy the adventure of the Geocaching and experience some of the adventure of Scouting through this cache!
The Geocacher’s Creed: When placing or seeking geocaches, I will:
- Not endanger myself or others.
- Observe all laws and rules of the area.
- Respect property rights and seek permission where appropriate.
- Avoid causing disruptions or public alarm.
- Minimize my and others’ impact on the environment.
- Be considerate of others.
- Protect the integrity of the game pieces.