WWFM VII - The World Wide Flash Mob Caching Event
The Basic Idea:
Saturday - May 15th,2010 @ 1:00 pm
You're heard of MEGA-EVENTS? This is quite the opposite in a variety of ways.
- This is a Flash Mob Event.
- It will involve far less people.
- It will last for only 15 minutes.
- And the icon you get is different ( vs. ).
Flash Mobs (What is a flashmob?)
have gathered for other reasons, but this one is all about geocaching.
The World Wide Flash Mob Event:
Dozens, if not hundreds, of events all around the world, coordinated to happen at the same time to bring together geocachers and introduce others (newbies) to the geocaching. Saturday, May 15, 2010
will be the day hundreds, if not thousands, of geocachers will mob together, around the world.
flash mob event is one of many taking place around the world as part of the World Wide Flash Mob VII. Come take part in this zany, 15 minute, geocaching event.
- The event will begin precisely at 1:00 pm on Saturday May 15, 2010.
- The start of the Event will be marked by the announcement of "Geocaching, I'm lovin' it!" and the opening of the "special container".
- The event will be held at the posted coordinates.
- This event is Rain or Shine - it is Michigan Afterall, so there really is no chance of predicting the weather more than 5 minutes ahead of time. There is some overhead shelter available if inclement weather does occur.
- Time will be kept by GPSr - Everyone's should be in sync from the satellites. An event card must be signed for this event to be logged online!
- There will be a Prize Drawing at 1:11 PM (must be present to win)
- There will be a Prize Drawing at 1:12 PM (must be present to win)
- There will be a Prize Drawing at 1:13 PM (must be present to win)
- There will be a Prize Drawing at 1:14 PM (must be present to win)
- There will be a group photo taken to preserve this event in time just prior to the end of the event.
- The event officially ends at 1:15 PM on the dot.
- At precisely 1:15 the event cards will be packed up and sealed away. The event area will be vacated without a trace!!!
- Geocachers are free to do what they want. There are plenty of caches nearby so go and enjoy the rest of the day
Wear either a RED
shirt/coat to the event.
(Names to be drawn out of the "special container" you put your event card in)
Some fun May 15th facts:
- FTF for the Event cache
- A couple of "ready-to-hide" caches
- FTF Coordinates - for a cache placed to commemorate this Event
- Limited qty of WWFM Commemorative swag - click here
- Stay tuned for further details for more...
- In 1905, Las Vegas, Nevada is founded when 110 acres, in what later would become downtown, are auctioned off.
- In 1928 Mickey Mouse premiered in his first cartoon, Plane Crazy
- In 1940, in San Bernandino, California the first McDonalds restaurant opened.
- In 1960, the Soviet Union launches Sputnik 4
- For more May 15th facts click here.
Note: Although participants are welcome to get together after the event, the event portion will be officially over at 1:15 PM.
Are you interested in a WWFM VII geocoin? Click here
to learn how to get one.