This park has a disc golf course and this cache is located near the course. This course is usually very busy!
If Muggles are present, please ABORT THE MISSION!
Please return this cache to the EXACT same location.
In the days before Wisconsin's statehood, the Fox River was an important water highway for travelers and fur traders. At a natural portage point along the Fox, where the Mansion now stands, a trading post was established as early as 1760.
Charles A. Grignon, whose family had been active in the fur trade for over 100 years, took over this post in 1830.
In 1837, Charles A. Grignon built this elegant Mansion as a wedding gift for his Pennsylvania bride, Mary Elizabeth Meade. An oasis of luxury and civilization on the Wisconsin frontier, this stately home was known as "The Mansion in the Woods" to countless travelers.
The Mansion and the Grignon family were also familiar to local American Indian tribes. The grandson of a Menominee woman, Charles acted as an interpreter for the U.S. government at the Treaty of the Cedars, which transferred four million acres of Menominee land to the U. S. Goverment for European and Euro-American immigration: the area now known as Northeast Wisconsin.
Congratulations to the ImDutch team for their FTF late in the evening on 3/21/10.