Welcome to the
Louisiana Office of State Parks
Geocaching Project !
A joint venture between the...
Louisiana Office of State Parks
Geocachers of Louisiana!
This geocaching adventure challenges you to visit each of Louisiana's State Parks and Historic Sites. Each State Park and Historic Site has a unique special mission with a story to tell, and offers its own very special geocaching adventure for you to experience. Each of these facilities has an official Geo Project cache, containing a special clue for you to find and record. These clues collectively will enable you to determine the coordinates of the mystery location of the Final Cache, which is located somewhere in the state of Louisiana. Use this Official LAOSP Clue Tracking Sheet to record all your clues.
As you travel our fine state, we encourage you to upload photos of your travels on the geocaching.com web pages. However, we ask that you please do not log clues or spoilers to the caches...they would have to be deleted to keep the game fun for everyone! Do tell us all about your travels and what you liked best about our parks and historic sites. As an extra incentive, and for a limited time, you can earn a Louisiana State Park Geocoin for visiting all of our State Parks and Historic Sites, and finding all the official geocaches placed for your pleasure! Prizes are limited to the supply in hand and will not be replenished.
It is recommended that anyone attempting the State Park Geo Project series should consider getting the Louisiana State Parks' $50 Annual Park Pass, which is valid for day use at all sites for the duration of a calendar year (i.e., January through December), and can be purchased at any state park. All people accompanying a permit holder as occupants of a single, private, non-commercial vehicle, in which the permit holder is a passenger or driver, are included in the Annual Pass admission.
Louisiana Office of State Parks, Baton Rouge La
* Louisiana Office of State Parks * Geo Project
September 11, 2010
We are proud to announce that as of this date we have declared the following geocachers as the Official First & Second place finders of our State Park Geocache Series.
For First To Find Honors we are proud to announce the Award privileges, awards and bragging rights...
James and Alice Ogles, aka SelgoJA of Northeast Louisiana
We are also proud to announce our Second to Find Award and all of its rights and privileges and awards go to...
Titus Haynes, aka TitusLlewelyn of Northwest Louisiana
The persistence and determination that you all have shown has paid off. The miles that you have traveled and the difficulties you all endured, and of the hours you spent on the road, are all the traits of a focused geocacher. All of this in your quest to be the one that claims the elusive First to Find on a series that takes you to all corners of our state.
This Geocaching Series highlighting our State Parks was designed and implemented by some 54 geocachers and non geocachers from Louisiana and Texas. The forty state parks and historic sites that are highlighted in this series are some of this states most valued assets. This series was designed to show our citizens and our country that Louisiana has some wonderful places to visit and is full of our nation’s heritage and history. We give a "Special Thank You", to all those who participated in its construction and implementation of this project. We shall always hold this project in the highest regards, for it shows the love that the people of Louisiana have for their Parks and Heritage of the State of Louisiana.
In our kindest regards,
Louisiana's State Parks, Historic Sites, and Preservation Area offer you and your family a uniquely rewarding experience of our state's natural beauty and historical riches. Come enjoy championship fishing, relive a Civil War battle, hear the best of Louisiana's country music, or pitch a tent under the stars. State Parks are open 365 days a year. State Historic Sites and our Preservation Area are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Qualifications & Requirements for Participation
1. This game is open to any registered geocacher worldwide. If you are not registered, get yourself a free account at www.geocaching.com.
2. All participants must abide by all park rules, including payment of admission fees (where applicable) and observation of operating hours.
3. Only one <1> prize winner per household. There are a limited number of prizes, so get going early if you want to win one!
4. Each geocacher or team must have their own LAOSP Clue Tracking Sheet, upon which they personally track each cache personally found.
5. All prize winners may be photographed, and any names, likenesses, and/or facsimile thereof may be used in media releases without compensation!
NOTE: LAOSP will verify all online logs against logbook signatures prior to releasing the results or prizes!
Each cache can only be logged once all others will be deleted!
Rules for Logging the Geo Project Series
Each State Park and Historic Site has one cache that belongs to this series. Each official cache has a clue to be recorded on the Clue Tracking Sheet. When you retrieve all the clues and add them up properly, the results will give you the coordinates to the Final Cache.
This challenge is open to any duly registered geocacher in the world. If you want a chance to receive a limited edition Louisiana State Parks Trackable Geocoin, or any other prize that is available in this challenge, you must abide by the following rules:
1. Download and print out your Official Louisiana Office of State Parks Clue Tracking Sheet: LAOSP Clue Tracking Sheet.
2. At each of the State Parks and Historic Sites, you must personally find the Geo Project cache and personally sign the log.
3. For each Geo Project cache found, you will also need to find the clue to the mystery location of the Final Cache. This clue could be in the cache, or in some cases, in the entrance station or museum. If you don't find it, decrypt the hint on the cache page.Track this info on your official Clue Tracking Sheet.
4. At each of the State Parks and Historic Sites, take a photograph of yourself, holding your GPS receiver, at the entrance sign of the park. You and the entrance sign must be recognizable in the photo. There may be differences in this process if construction or other variances make it unsafe, so please check each cache page for this possibility.
5. On geocaching.com, when posting your "found" log, you must also post your photograph taken at that park. Repeat this process for all caches listed. IMPORTANT NOTE: It is possible that during the course of this challenge, more State Parks and/or Historic Sites may come on line. If the official date of opening of these facilities is prior to your logging date of the Final Cache, it will be required that you visit these new sites and log them in the same process listed above.
6. After finding all forty geocaches in the series. It is suggested that you email your completed your Official Clue Tracking Sheet to LAOSP for verification! The Clue Tracking Sheet must be filled out completely, with the clue from each cache in the series, including each number and its designation of N or W, and + or -. This will give the judges time to verify your claims. Hopefully, this will keep you from going on a wild goose chase. Of course you can proceed with out this verification if you wish
Rules for Claiming the Final Cache
Once you have completed all Louisiana State Park and Historic Site caches and followed the six rules above, it's time to find the Final Cache. Once you have found the Final Cache site, you will need to do three things:
1. Take a photograph of yourself, holding your GPS receiver, at the Final Cache site, with the structure in the background. The large logo must be visible in the photograph. Do not post this Final Cache photo with your log! We suggest that you also take a photograph of the Final Cache's log sheet, showing your dated signature, and email it to us along with the required photo described above.
2. Find and log the Final Cache as a preliminary find on the geocaching.com website. If you log the Final Cache and the above six rules were not completely followed, this log will be voided, and you will lose your claim to a prize, using this log date. Thus, your log and claim on the Final Cache will be permanently deleted. However, you can correct the errors and resubmit your log. Your claim date will be adjusted accordingly.
3. Once you find the final cache Of the * Louisiana Office of State Parks * Geo Project and all of its requirements. You have but one final email to claim your Prize. Hopefully, by the time your email is received your claim will have already been verified. The Final Email should contain the following items. 1. Your complete name 2. Your Geocaching Name. 3. Your complete mailing address. 4.Your picture of you / your group at the Final Location. 5. A readable copy of your Official Log Sheet. It can be a photo copy if you wish. 6. Cut and Paste your online Log for the final cache. 7. Last, It would be very helpful if you included a photo of the final Log.
Good Luck, and have a Great Caching Adventure!
The Prizes : All prizes were donated and deemed to have no cash value!
For First to Find...
Set of Three State Park Coins <Silver Limited / Antique Bronze / Black Nickel>
... One Weekend stay at any Louisiana State Park that has overnight cabins...
FTF Honors, with all bragging rights and glories
All that you earned by being the First to complete the
* Louisiana Office of State Parks * Geo Project Series !
For Second to Find...
Set of Three State Park Coins <Silver Limited / Antique Bronze / Black Nickel
For Third to Find...
And for all subsequent to finds until the reserves expire...
The Silver Original Limited Edition Louisiana State Parks Trackable Coin.
The Final Cache Top 10!
*** SelgoJA *** FTF!
** Arkfiremedic ** co-ftf
Congratulations to *** TitusLlewelyn *** Second to Find!
Congratulations to *** KingKrew4 *** Third to Find!
Congratulations to *** bajaone *** Fourth to Find!
Congratulations to *** cazayoux *** Fifth to Find!
Congratulations to *** Odyssey *** Sixth to Find!
Congratulations to *** EVR/MGR & frosin *** Tied for Seventh to Find!
Congratulations to *** eharris70 *** Ninth to Find!
Congratulations to *** Oilman *** Tenth to Find!
Congratulations to *** MWLowe *** Eleventh to Find!
Congratulations to *** Tinkering Nut *** Twelfth to Find!
Congratulations to *** Jiroba *** Thirteenth to Find!
Congratulations to *** SlidellRealtor *** Fourteenth to Find!
Come and Get Your Coin, You never know when the last one will be gone!
Geo-Project * Louisiana Office of State Parks
Geo-Project * Audubon State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Bayou Segnette State Park
Geo-Project * Bogue Chitto State Park
Geo-Project * Centenary State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Chemin-A-Haut State Park
Geo-Project * Chicot State Park
Geo-Project * Cypremort Point State Park
Geo-Project * Fairview-Riverside State Park
Geo-Project * Fontainebleau State Park
Geo-Project * Fort Jesup State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Fort Pike State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Fort Randolph & Buhlow State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Fort St. Jean Baptiste State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Grand Isle State Park
Geo-Project * Hodges Gardens State
Geo-Project * Jimmie Davis State Park
Geo-Project * Lake Bistineau State Park
Geo-Project * Lake Bruin State Park
Geo-Project * Lake Claiborne State Park
Geo-Project * Lake D'Arbonne State Park
Geo-Project * Lake Fausse Pointe State Park
Geo-Project * Locust Grove State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Longfellow-Evangeline State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Los Adaes State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Louisiana State Arboretum
Geo-Project * Mansfield State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Marksville State Historic Site
Geo-Project * North Toledo Bend State Park
Geo-Project * Palmetto Island State Park
Geo-Project * Plaquemine Lock State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Port Hudson State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Poverty Point Reservoir State Park
Geo-Project * Poverty Point State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Rebel State Historic Site
Geo-Project * Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site
Geo-Project * St. Bernard State Park
Geo-Project * Sam Houston Jones State Park
Geo-Project * South Toledo Bend State Park
Geo-Project * Tickfaw State Park
Geo-Project * Winter Quarters State Historic Site