10 Years! Wollongong, Australia!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Come to Wollongong and help celebrate the 10th anniversary of Geocaching!
This event is deliberately held the day after a similar event in Sydney, GC268BJ. This will enable those who cannot attend in Sydney to still celebrate the achievement, and also enable those dedicated souls to attend both if they desire!
Wollongong and the Illawarra has an extremely diverse and dynamic Caching Community. From School Students to Retirees, part-time Cachers to those who are somewhere between addicted and obsessed, we have it all. Families, Teams, Individuals and more than a few geo-dogs, everyone caches in their own way!
Caches and Cachers have existed in Wollongong from the early days of caching. Let's all get together and celebrate the 10th anniversary of the beginning of our sport, hobby, addiction or obsession!
We will meet at the listed co-ordinates for an afternoon gathering starting from 15:00. The area is GeoKid and GeoDog friendly.
We will take a Group Photo at 16:00, this is an important part of the requirements for a '10 Years! Event'. Everyone will need to dress festively for the photograph. If you are not dressed festively then I will force you to put a party hat on!
For those of you who do not have the required technology to do the nearby Whereigo cache, now is your chance! There will be plenty of us there that do have the required technology that you can borrow.
Stay for as long as you want, no time restrictions on this one, unlike the local event a fortnight later!
We hope to see you all there :-)
**UPDATE** 16 April 2010
A couple of update points for everyone:
1. The theme for the event will be to pretend that you are 10 years old and to dress up as what you wanted to be when you grew up!
2. The person/team popularly voted as 'Best Dressed' will be given permission to log the FTF on the event.
3. We will be setting up a time trail as part of the event, which will later be listed on GC.com. So don't forget your GPSr. The person/team with the fastest time will be given permission to log the FTF on the cache when it is published.
4. There will be one or two other caches hidden as part of the event in the near vicinity. There will be a lucky door prize draw to see who will be allowed to log these caches as a FTF.
5. If anyone would like to volunteer to bake a '10 Year' cake that would be fantastic!!! We will be away all weekend (Blue Mountains and Moruya) and are only coming home for the event, so we will not have a chance to bake.
6. Finally, if anyone feels artistic we need a sign showing the event co-ords and location name. If no one can volunteer for this one then it will be left up to a very unimaginative and inartistic accountant (Hoojar)!
7. Stay tuned for more updates!
(No hints available.)
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum