First things first, please be aware that the cache IS at the posted coordinates, BUT, you must read and follow all of the requirements to log this cache!
Failure to follow the listed rules WILL result in your log being deleted.
Located in Monongahela National Forest. Please remember to take proper precautions during hunting season/s.
The following list was taken from the Official West Virginia Parks website. Only recognized WV State Parks are used in this challenge. State Forests and Wildlife Management Areas are NOT a part of the requirements.
|01. AUDRA STATE PARK
|13. CASS SCENIC RAILROAD STATE PARK
|25. PINNACLE ROCK STATE PARK
|02. BABCOCK STATE PARK
|14. CATHEDRAL STATE PARK
|26. PIPESTEM RESORT STATE PARK
|03. BEARTOWN STATE PARK
(Near Droop Mountain Battlefield)
|15. CEDAR CREEK STATE PARK
|27. PRICKETT’S FORT STATE PARK
|04. BEECH FORK STATE PARK
|16. CHIEF LOGAN STATE PARK
|28. STONEWALL LAKE STATE PARK
|05. BERKELEY SPRINGS STATE PARK
Berkeley Springs, WV
|17. DROOP MOUNTAIN BATTLEFIELD STATE PARK
|29. TOMLINSON RUN STATE PARK
Point Pleasant, WV
|06. BLENNERHASSETT ISLAND HISTORICAL STATE PARK
|18. FAIRFAX STONE STATE PARK
(See Blackwater Falls)
|30. TU-ENDIE-WEI STATE PARK
Pt. Pleasant, WV
|07. BLACKWATER FALLS STATE PARK
|19. HAWKS NEST STATE PARK
|31. TWIN FALLS RESORT STATE PARK
|08. BLUESTONE STATE PARK
|20. HOLLY RIVER STATE PARK
Hacker Valley, WV
|32. TYGART LAKE STATE PARK
|09. CACAPON RESORT STATE PARK
Berkley Springs, WV
|21. LITTLE BEAVER STATE PARK
|33. VALLEY FALLS STATE PARK
|10. CAMP CREEK STATE PARK
Camp Creek, WV
|22. LOST RIVER STATE PARK
|34. WATOGA STATE PARK
|11. CANAAN VALLEY STATE PARK
|23. MONCOVE LAKE STATE PARK
Gap Mills, WV
|35. WATTERS SMITH STATE PARK
Lost Creek, WV
|12. CARNIFEX FERRY BATTLEFIELD STATE PARK
|24. NORTH BEND STATE PARK
In order to log this cache as a find, you must first find and log a cache that has been hidden in each of the above listed 35 WV State Parks.
1. All previous cache finds count - you do NOT start your count from the beginning.
2. All types of caches qualify as long as it is within the boundaries of one of the above listed state parks.
3. You CAN use caches you own as a qualifying cache as long as it follows Rule 2.
Note: If you use a cache you own as a qualifying cache, you do NOT need to log a find on that cache.
4. These must be caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged. Or that you own as stated in Rule 3. (General rules, guidelines and conditions, as stated by Geocaching.com, for logging a cache find apply.)
5. If you have others with you when you find the final cache, only those who have fulfilled ALL criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find.
6. Finds without the proper verification/documentation WILL be deleted.
SPECIAL RULES NOTE: It is understood that there will be times when a park will not have an active cache located in it because:
1. Maybe there is no active cache due to the process of gaining a permit.
2. Maybe a cache in the park is disabled awaiting re-approval.
3. Maybe the last cache is now archived and no one has placed a new cache in the park.
4. Maybe the park does not allow caches to be located there. For example, it is a historical site and as such seeks to maintain the area.
For these special cases, to log the park in your qualifying list, simply take a picture of your GPSr in front of the official park entrance sign to confirm that you did indeed visit said park and post it with your log entry.
This is only for parks meeting one of the above conditions. If a park DOES have an active cache you MUST use that cache in your qualifying list.
Remember, please follow these rules to maintain a level playing field for everyone.
Keep in mind we are primarily operating on the honor system here. Help keep it honest.
How do you track your caches? There are three options:
1. Create a bookmark list.
2. Create a list on your profile page.
3. Upload a picture, (screen capture), of a Word or Excel document showing your finds.
You must POST A LINK or SCREENSHOT of your 35 QUALIFYING CACHES on this page to log a FIND!
The final cache location is actually a difficulty/terrain rating of 2/3. The 5 for the difficulty rating is based on the difficulty of qualifying to log this cache.
And now for the fun!!!
Please post notes with any updates/links/photos or general progress at will!
And don't forget to put a WATCH on this listing to keep track of everyone's progress!