This cache was hidden as part of the Geocaching 10 years celebrations in Israel.
This cache is also part of the 10 Years series, ending with a puzzle cache. Visit that cache to learn about the area.
After finding the cache and logging your visit, do not forget to write down the codes you'll find on the cover inside - you will need them for the series final.
What is Wherigo?
Wherigo is an interactive game that use GPS to lead you to interactive location awared adventure. Enter www.wherigo.com for more details. This can be Garmin Oregon, Colorado or Nuvi, Pocket PC or many types of Java supporting cellphones using OpenWIG
What is a Wherigo cache?
In Wherigo cache, you play a Wherigo game which lead you to the cache location. It's like a puzzle cache, where the Wherigo is the puzzle.
About this Wherigo cache
You start your Geocaching day and find that you GPS does not work as usual. The game takes you back to the days with Selective Availability and without Geocaching. You have to find what cause it and solve the problem. This Wherigo will take you on its way, through the DGPS cache and from there to the unknown location of the Wherigo final. The DGPS cache is a traditional cache - you can find it and log it without the Wherigo. The final location will be revealed only for those who finish the Wherigo. This mean that you can find 2 caches during the Wherigo mission.
Getting the Wherigo
- Download the Wherigo from this page. Use your username & password from geocaching.com
Don't forget the password:
- You will need a password to start the game, you will ask for it when you start the. The Password will be listed here on Saturday evening. Read the logs, I'll probably ask someone to post it as a note, because I'll not be at home.
- Have a compass with you. You don't have the standard GPS interface while playing Wherigo. You get distances and directions. The Wherigo shows you arrows to the direction, but when you don't move fast enough' it can't identify your direction and the arrows might mislead. It good to have your own compass and check that you are in the right direction.
- When you finish the game, save the game and write the completion code you get. You need them to log your game complete in thw Wherigo site.
- Save frequently. The Wherigo is in beta stage and still have many bugs. You don't want your game crash just before the end, when you don't any saved game.
- You have a method to get hints during the game, use it if you need.