Crooked River State Park
In Georgia, United States
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Crooked River State Park
Park: Crooked River State Park
Cache type: Multi
Coordinates: N 30 50.607 and W 081 33.484
Cache Description: Crooked River State Park offers a variety of activities like camping, hiking and fishing that also includes a boat landing. Group shelters, cabins and a nature center are also available. You might want to visit the park office for trail maps and to pay for parking.
To find the ammo can, go to the posted coordinates and find a very flat container that contains the coordinates for the final. Once you have those coordinates you will then need to drive to a parking lot where you’ll find the beginning of the “Semperviren’s trail”. Those parking coords are in the additional waypoint section. While on the trail you can visit the bird observation and a beautiful overlook of the Crooked River, don’t forget to bring you binoculars. There is no need to leave the trail to locate the cache and please no “bush whacking.”
Park: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Steps to the Georgia State Parks GeoTour:
1. Obtain a Georgia State Park GeoTour PassPort from any park or historic site or download a PDF from GaParksGeocaching.com
2. Go to Geocaching.com create a log-in and find the GPS coordinates and more information for the Georgia State Parks GeoTour locations.
3. Start your search and locate one or all caches using a hand-held GPS unit. The cache containers are sealed ammo boxes labeled as a Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites geocache. Caches are located in 42 Georgia state parks and state historic parks.
4. When you find a GeoTour cache, log your name and any comments on the logbook inside the cache and stamp your PassPort grid sheet with the unique stamp for that specific park.
5. Be sure to follow the Leave No Trace guidelines –GeorgiaStateParks.org/LeaveNoTrace"
6. Follow the Traveling Gophers. There are 58 Georgia State Park & Historic Sites TravelBugs® moving around the country. Click here to see where the travel gopher for this park is now. Be on the lookout for them and help them get to a new destination.
| 7. If you’re quick, there is a “First-to-Find” special prize.
8. Find one of the “endangered” gopher stuffed toys in 10 of the caches and it’s yours to keep and protect.
9. Complete specific numbers of caches to get a custom Geo-Coin. Bring your stamped PassPort into the park’s Visitor Center and receive a voucher for your coin.
With 15 completed caches you are eligible for a bronze level coin
With 30 completed caches you are eligible for a silver level coin
With 40 completed caches you are eligible for a gold level coin
Once you find the caches for the custom geo-coins you are also eligible for a bonus cache at each level. These caches are more challenging and not required to complete the GeoTour or receive your coins. Click on the links below to access the bonus cache pages:
Bronze Bonus Cache page
Silver Bonus Cache page
Gold Bonus Cache page
|State Parks Information:
For informantion on GA Parks Geocaching: GaParksGeocaching.com
Park: (912) 882-5256
Lodges/Cabins/Yurts/Camp Reservations: (800) 864-7275
Special thanks to the Georgia Geocaching Association and member Hawklee, Volunteer Steward of Crooked River State Park.
|Disclaimer to New Geocachers:
Please join us in playing! All are welcome who observe and obey the rules. Please do not move or vandalize the container. Replace the cache like or better than you found it and when you leave, and make sure the cache is completely covered. Please do not remove the rubber stamp from the ammo can, this is a essential game piece for cachers accepting the GeoTour. The real treasure is just finding the container and sharing your thoughts with everyone who finds it. Pick up a GeoTour Passport at any Park Visitor Center.
|Like us on Facebook!
Fgntr 1 gbc yrsg naq erzrzore vg’f syng, F2
Last Updated: on 5/27/2017 12:28:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time (7:28 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum