7/24/10 UPDATE: Rain boots recommended!!!
10:30: "Doors Open" for event registration.
10:30-11:00: Event registration, meet and greet and travel bug exchange.
11:00: Coordinates for 30+ caches will be distributed to each team via a "Cache Card" and the game will begin!
6:00pm: Deadline to return "Cache Card" to be eligible for drawings and prizes.
(note: lunch will not be provided at a specified time this year. Instead, a sack of snacks will be given to the first 150 takers).
Rules and Items to Note
- Team sizes may vary, but only ONE CACHE CARD allowed per team.
- Each cache will be given a point value depending on its difficulty. Each point value earns the team a ticket in the drawing at the end of the day. Example - if a team completes three caches rated a "two", they will get to put 6 tickets in the drawing.
- All caches will be located within Valdez city limits...
- Prizes will be given for drawings and FTF's.
- All prizes will be given in CASH with multiple prizes tentatively varying between $50 and $300, depending upon attendance.
- No Registration Fees
Please note: While this is a friendly competition, it only takes one ticket to win. Please be safe and obey the laws - both of the State of Alaska and the "GeoCachers' Creed."
Please RSVP by posting a note to this event so we can get handle on the amount of cachers that will be attending ~ Thanks.
For more information on beautiful Valdez, check out the "Valdez Convention & Visitors Bureau's website".
Let's make this a fun, successful event that continues to take place year after year!!