How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is situated in the grounds of The Mill at Elstead which is easily accessible but please take care with children and dogs as it is near a river.
The Mill is now a pub but still retains a lot of charm and character of its original use.
The original mill was burnt down in 1647 the same year it had been occupied by Oliver Cromwell's roundheads.
A new mill was built in 1648 and functioned as a corn mill until the late 18th century. In the early 19th century it was acquired by the Appleton family and was used for making braid for military uniforms.
The Cupola on the roof was installed at that time and the bell was used to call people to work.
More recent history can be seen in the form of a Pill Box next to the pub.
We would like to Thank Richard and Kate, the pub managers for permission to plant this cache.
Abg ng tebhaq yriry.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum