Jacob E. Lewis, an African-American farmer and preacher, bought the property around the lake in 1909. The lake served the black community as a popular recreation area during the 1920's, and many baptisms were performed in the lake.
Today, this beautiful 12-acre lake is the main attraction at this park. Although no boats are allowed, it is a popular fishing spot. A gravel path encircles the entire lake, enabling anglers to access the entire shoreline. There is a fishing pier, playground, and picnic shelter available for family or group-use year-round.