Leave NO day Uncached - Washington Challenge
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
If you are into lists, lofty goals, filling in boxes, or just like a good challenge then this cache may interest you. The cache is at the posted coordinates BUT there is a BIG prerequisite that MUST be met before logging the find. Before you find this cache, you will need at least 365 cache finds. See below for the challenge details. Get a calendar and a marker handy...and start knock'n em off! Have patience...this may take a while.
Many people are into challenges and numbers and making caching more than just logging find, after find, after find so it can be fun to look for ways to take the routine out of caching.
I stumbled across GC20KJG Leave NO day Uncached - Challenge
one day when someone mentioned it in a log on one of my travel bugs. I thought it would be fun to have one of these in Washington. There are a handful of other caches like this around the world, but not too many. I swiped a lot of stuff from GC20KJG, but did ask first. ;-)
As soon as this was published I was made aware of two other caches of this type in the state. GC23RCJ A Cache A Day Challenge - Fill Up The Calendar by Super Scoob & Tinkerbell with dad and GC22BVM Everyday Cacher Challenge by quadsinthemudd. I thought I had done all of my research. Thanks to those who pointed this out.
The CacheStats program allows you to look at a calendar of all of the days that you have found a cache.
Wouldn't it be neat to fill every box!
To Qualify to find this cache you MUST have found a cache on
EVERY DAY of the YEAR!!!
- You DO NOT have to find a cache on 365 consecutive days!
- You DO have to find at least one cache on each day (Jan 1 - Dec 31) of the year.
- All PREVIOUS cache finds DO count - you DO NOT start from "0" at this point.
- You can count finds from all your years caching... 2000 to date!
- Logs that have been edited are disqualified (to discourage changing find dates).
- Generally accepted rules, guidelines and conditions for logging a cache find apply.
- These must be caches listed on Geocaching.com that you have personally (physically) found and logged.
- No logging finds on caches you own will be allowed.
- If you have others with you when you find this cache,only those who have fulfilled ALL requirements for this cache are allowed to log it as a find.
- Do NOT log a find on this cache without providing the proper back-up proof. It will be deleted
- This cache does NOT count as find in the calendar matrix. You must find a cache each day of the year before qualifying for this cache.
- HAVE FUN...and persevere.
Please keep to these simple rules to keep things fun for everybody.
- With the new Statistics on the Geocaching website a screenshot of the table is acceptable making the rest of this section alternate options.
- Get the free download of the Cache Stats program
(There is also a GSAK macro(CacheADay.gsk)that will list your find count by day of the year)
- Run a MY FINDS Pocket Query.
- Import the resulting My Finds .gpx file into Cache Stats.
- Check out the All Time calendar...(see image below) in Cache Stats to see what days you have finds on and which days you have yet to fill in.
- When all boxes of the calendar are filled in...YOU ARE QUALIFIED for this find!!!
- Note: Feb 29 is not required, but you get bonus bragging points if you have all 366 days/
Example: Cache Stats Calendar screenshot
IMPORTANT: To get credit for this find (and keep your log from being deleted) you must post a picture of your CacheStats or GSAK calendar of the finds.
This should be fun and I'm counting on your good character and conscience to keep you true to the rules. I'm relying on the honor system for sticking to the rules. I will spot check the finds, but don't want to have to be the cache police on checking every find. Please "play" fair and have a good time!
There will be a few people who can claim a FTF on this cache and win a coin.
First FTF: There are some people who qualify to find this cache now and will go for this one.
First Co-FTF is Celtic-Heart and Celtic Cacher
Non-Qualified FTF: You may discover that you only have a few days UnCached, the first who qualifies after the publish date June 1, 2010 wins a coin.
Non-Qualified FTF is grossi who only had three days remaining when the cache was published.
FTF a year later: This cache was Published on June 1, 2010, but if you have not found a cache on May 31 then it will be a year until you can log this one.
First person to qualify for this cache after May 31, 2011 wins a coin. FTF one year later is ?
CACHE NOTE: Heads, Not Tails. Don't Mess With The Nuts.
[Actual hide difficulty 2.] Cvpavp gnoyr.