How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
“FOLLOW THE WAY OF LOVE” is hidden in Cottage Grove Ravine Regional Park. It is placed in honor of our son and his new bride, who were married not far from this location in June, 2010.
COTTAGE GROVE RAVINE REGIONAL PARK is located at 9940 Point Douglas Road, Cottage Grove MN, 55016. Park in the Look Out Area parking lot. No bushwacking is required, but the cache is an uphill walk from the parking area. Children can easily accompany an adult on this hunt. It is WINTER FRIENDLY but your walk is doubled. Snowshoes may be helpful in deep snow.
VEHICLE PERMITS are required on all vehicles entering the park, except on the first non-holiday Tuesday of each month; or on the first Saturday of June, which is “Explore Your Parks Day” in Washington County. PETS are allowed on summer trails or in parking areas only, and must be leashed at all times. (Please clean up after your pet!) PARK HOURS are 7 a.m. until one-half hour after sunset.
The original contents of the cache include items for both big and small treasure hunters:
1. CARABINER COMPASS (To follow the way of love!)
2. HEART-SHAPED “GEMSTONE” RING
3. (2) TUBES OF BUBBLES FOR BLOWING (When you log your visit online, please note that you took a bubble tube so we make sure they are removed from the cache by winter.)
4. (3) PACKAGES OF MINNESOTA TWINS STICKERS (The bride and groom are hard-core fans!
5. “RUFF” NOTES (In recognition of the couple’s 2 dogs.)
6. HEART-SHAPED COOKIE CUTTER
7. MICRO COMPASS ROSE® TRAVELING GEOCOIN
8. LOG BOOK, PENCIL, and PENCIL SHARPENER
Penqyrq va n pebbx, ng rlr yriry. Gnxr pner trggvat arne.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum