How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Click to cue music
Hello 007. This message is highly classified: for your eyes only.
We have information from our friend Felix Leiter, at the CIA, that someone is trying to sabotage or possibly take control of one of our developing energy sources. Are you familiar with Project Sol?
The United States and Great Britain's governments are working on a joint energy project, named Project Sol. By the end of this year they hope to launch a massive amount of solar equipment, similar to giant solar panels, into space. Once in space, the equipment will use thrusters to propel itself towards a specific location. At that location they will receive sunlight 24/7. After storing such sunlight, and turning it into energy, the equipment will transfer it to Earth through the use of mirrors and radio waves. The waves will then be collected at a receiving station, which will distribute the energy. It is estimated that 6 months after the equipment is in orbit enough energy will have been generated to power all of the United States and Great Britain!
Now back to what I was saying – someone has procured vital information pertaining to Project Sol's success. We believe that they will try to harness the energy for their own purposes. Your job, 007, is to find out what individual or organization is behind this activity, infiltrate their group by going undercover, and put a stop to their scheme.
The above coordinates will lead you to where the CIA first discovered the plot. They found a cryptic image, which has been uploaded to our database. You can find it on this page below. See if you can find anything else there that may be of significance.
Good luck, 007.
- It may require more than one trip to complete this mission
- If you require any assistance feel free to contact MI6 via buzzy_cacher's profile
- Q's new computer program has calculated that your mission will take approximately 6 major steps (cache stages)
- When you successfully complete this mission you will be able to select equipment (SWAG) to use for future missions. If you do take something, be sure to leave something of equal or greater value, that is spy-related
- You are not the only agent who is engaging in this mission. The first agent to successfully complete the mission (FTF) will receive a new Aston Martin (unactivated TB), from Q Branch, as gratitude for their efforts
Click to verify your coordinates to...
Congratulations to Caribbean2028 for being FTF!
Their new TB can be located using this top-secret code: TB2JXMB
[Hints are not required to find the caches]
[Stage 1] Serr Rfgvzngrf
[Stage 2] Fvta hc
[Stage 3] Funxra, abg fgveerq
[Stage 4] Gur Fcl
[Stage 5] Ernpu vagb gur zbhgu bs gur pebpbqvyr gerr
[Final] Pbasvthengvba Vafgehpgvbaf
- CIA found this at initial coordinatesPhoto taken by Agent Andreas Wahra
- SWAGPlease bring spy-related SWAG, of equal or greater value. We're trying to maintain high-quality SWAG in this cache.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum