Holy Cross Church came into being in the 1870s serving primarily local Irish settlers. The current building dates to the 1920's. Mass is held each Sunday at 8am. More details are at: -visit site- At the west end of the parking lot is an access to some of the Greenbelt's restored prairie, which is also east of the church across the street. Polk County Conservation's website - -visit site- - has more information about the Greenbelt.