10, 10, 10, 10
Where? Hadleigh Country Park, Benfleet Moorings entrance, near sign.
What time? 10:00 to 13:00 approx.
What day? Sunday 10th. October.
What for? To litter pick sea-wall / marsh
What will I need? Gloves, litter-picker (if you have one), strong pair of boots / Wellingtons.
You can park at Benfleet railway station car-park free of charge on a Sunday.
Barge Gladys can be a place for a drink or snack if required.
Afterwards you can get some of the local caches which you haven’t got.
Do not feel that you have to stay for the whole 3 hours, if you can’t.
If you have any questions please e-mail me via my geocaching profile.
Do not work alone.
Always wear gloves and use litter pickers.
Do not lift anything heavy without help.
If you do not like the look of it, do not touch it!
Health and Safety
Hazard – Person/s at risk – Risk level – Action required by individuals or Country Park.
• Cuts to fingers from handling broken glass or sharp metal – Volunteers – Low – Wear gloves at all times. Ensure a first aid kit is on site at all times.
• Slipping on banking or slopes, particularly in wet weather – Volunteers – Low – Ensure no volunteers work alone, do not climb up steep banks.
• Lifting injuries, backs – Volunteers – Medium – Work as a team when faced with heavy objects.
• Tripping over tools or cleared rubbish - Volunteers & the public – Low – Ensure all volunteers know how to use and store tools safely. Designate a tool store area away from the walkway. Rubbish cleared from the seawall / marsh should be put in a safe place where it does not block the path or access for other volunteers.
• Infection from needle – Volunteers – Low – Instruct all volunteers not to touch a needle if they find one and inform organiser. Only country park staff to remove.
Please note: - If you take part in this activity, you do so at entirely your own risk, and the Hadleigh Country Park will not be held responsible for any injuries.