The Disorganization of MidSouth Geocachers invites you to join in a PhotoGeocaching Tour of Shelby County and its Edges on 10-10-10, the date has been chosen because it represents 10 years of Geocaching and 10 years of Groundspeak in 2010.
A list of 10 sets of coordinates for the 10 required stops will be posted here on 10-9-10. This will allow you to plan your base route. You will receive the actual list of photo targets when you gather at the posted event coordinates. You will also receive a list of several bonus targets at that time.
The basics of this event:
- THIS IS NOT A RACE
- Gather near the posted coordinates at 12:30pm. Teams will depart at one minute intervals beginning at 12:45pm. All teams should be at the final gathering point by 6pm. No bonus points for arriving early.
- You may form a team of no more than 3 people
- Each team will need one digital camera
- You will take at least one photo at each target site.
- The target item must, of course, be clearly visible in your photo
- Each team will receive a special item that must also be visible in each photo
- A team member should also be in each photo - exception will be made for a solo player
- Moving violation ticket will result disqualification.
- Be respectful of the muggles in places you visit
- Be prepared for the Disorganization to download photos from your camera when you get to the end - bring your cable or pop out the card so we can use the card reader
- Don't leave any embarrassing photos on your camera that might accidentally end up on my computer (knowwhatimean?)
- Each of the 10 required targets is worth 10 points, so your team should be able to score a perfect 100 without going to extremes. Missing a required target is a 20 point deduction.
- The bonus locations will be worth more points but may take you away from your ten required targets. Plan accordingly.
- Colorful team uniforms or interesting costumes are worth points. How many points? I think I'll let a panel of muggles judge and assign a value from 1 to 10 points.
- Have fun!