In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
We hid this cache on the way to Groth Tract cache. Bear in mind that this includes a fairly strenous hike through a public hunting area. If you find this one, you have earned it! Take 310th St. west of Rock Valley til it winds around and ends just east of the Big Sioux River. Hike north from there. Difficult to get to in the winter.
I replaced the original container on 9/2/2016. I don't want you to hike to this one and enter a dnf so here is what you need to know:
1. Long pants are recommended.
2. The most direct route is not the route to take. Take the path of least resistance.
3. Be careful for the native american burials in the area.
4. The container is a silver bison tube, in plain sight. It is wired to the 4" trunk of an evergreen tree, about 5' off the ground. Please replace it exactly as you found it.
5. Check out the view to the west as you hike to the cache.
6. Make sure to find the other caches in the area.
Congratulations to campingfarmer for the FTF 10/24/11.
Last Updated: on 1/31/2017 11:01:06 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (7:01 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum