Travel Bugs and Geocoins make Geocaching a lot of fun and we would like to share some of our experiences and adventures with you. This will be an indoor event with plenty of room. If you have Travel Bugs or Geocoins you would like to display or trade please, bring them along. This event will be packed full of exciting things to see and do.
If you are new to Geocaching, this would also be a great time to meet other geocachers and see some exciting things that relate to Geocaching.
Here are some of the spcifics...
When: December 4th Time – 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Where: 901 South First Street, Abilene, Texas (1st floor training room, enter via back door)
- Geocaching with Phil Gilliam (power point)
- Adventures of finding “Bear”
- History behind caches and exciting finds
- A table will be set up for “Travel Bug” exchanges
- The “Travel Bug Express” will display pictures of its latest travel
- You will hear stories of “Travel Bug” adventures
- Learn how you can play a part in “Missions” and Travel Bug “Contest”
- Sign up and be a part of “The Travel Express race ”
- Ducks are in the air
- Geocoins: (displays and info as follows)
- Tables for trades, displays and discovery for attendees
- By artist / vender
- By artist
- By vender (list of venders will be available)
- Compass Rose
- Event coins
- Mystery coins
- Achievement coins
- Personal coins
- Coin contest and missions
- Arts and crafts (ways to store your geocoins)
- The butterfly migration (by cache addict)
- Much more………………………..
Door prizes, snacks and beverages will be provided!!