Schrödinger’s Ghostly wormhole paradox
In East Midlands, United Kingdom
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
IMPORTANT UPDATE: MAY 2014
A mountain of tree debris is now blocking the entrance to the portal. I'm told these are unstable and rather dangerous. I'd really suggest you don't go alone and do take extra care traversing this additional obstacle as it may shift over time. This really isn't a child friendly cache, especially now the debris is present. Thanks to Mcaddy for the update!
Here’s a bizarre paradox of a cache. Physically placed on
31st October during a thunderstorm no less, that was spooky! It
sits at the posted co-ordinates yet it’s not there…but
then it is. In fact it’s both present and not present at the
same time. If you go to the posted co-ordinates (N52 49.728 W00
53.640) you’ll find a cache and gain a smiley, but it
won’t be this cache you found, it'll be another cache (visit link) …..and yet this cache is still
present at these co-ordinates. How’s that for a paradox?
Geocaching can be a risky hobby. Only attempt this cache if you are confident in your ability and judgements. Print off and take with you: If you go looking for this cache you must, I repeat must,
observe the following:
1) Approach and depart from the south side
only, long story, don’t question it, there’s stuff
here (asbestos sheet) I’d strongly suggest you don’t walk on and disturb. Arriving from the north side only brings you into contact with it. Also bring wellies, no question, it’s muddy here.
2) Take another cacher with you ideally.
3) Tell somebody where you are going, once you’ve discovered the portal into the other dimension ring them, give them your entry coordinates, describe your surroundings,
tell them you love them and ring them again when you’re back
safe. You’ll be about an hour looking for this cache,
4) Bring a set of serious torches with you. You will need a lot of light and it must last for at least an hour with room to spare. Bring spares!!! Did I say bring serious torches with you?
5) Do not travel down the middle of the portal! There’s a big
black hole at approx 33% of your journey that you really don't want to fall into.
1) On arrival at the torture cages, shine all your torches towards the left side.
Spend a moment or two contemplating the suffering that went on in
2) The yellow brick toad will hopefully greet you with a croak. He’s friendly and wants to tell you that you’re about 60 yards from the cache. Essentially ‘follow the yellow brick toad’, on second thoughts, leave him where he is, friendly he may be but he doesn’t like
being picked up. (Yellow toad sometimes goes on a maintenance holiday)
3) Look for a white garden seed marker on the
ground and a white cable tie on a cage. Line them up, they pretty
much point to the cache behind a square wooden board.
4) Sign log and head back the way you came, don’t go forwards towards the
light, as the last 10% is not good for a variety of reasons, tempting though the beckoning light may be –I’m deadly serious, it would take you over that sheeting I mentioned.
5) Head back towards the light you came from and back out
of the portal.
N uvag vf ninvynoyr jvgu vgf gjva fvfgre.
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:40:04 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:40 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum