historic la crosse Hill Valley Garden club
In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Hill & Valley Garden Club of La Crosse was organized and chartered with the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation in 1959. Since 1969, Hill and Valley has maintained the crescent-shape park on Cliffview Terrace off State Road. To commemorate the 50th anniversary, a complete revamping of the planting area around the garden sign was undertaken. The center was totally dug up by Ken Casberg, all old shrubs discarded, new soil hauled in, planting area enlarged and mounded, edging stones installed as well as small-nugget bark mulch. New plantings included shrub roses, Russian sage and leftover plants from the club's May plant sale. The club intends to continue the project this year by removing four old spreading shrubs, to be replaced with four ornamental trees. The club's only fundraiser is its three-day plant sale in May. This event enables the club to cover maintenance expense with the Cliffview Terrace park, as well as donate to other garden venues such as International Gardens, Myrick-Hixon Eco-Park , Olbrich Gardens, and the Hillview Greenhouse Life Center. Club members also provide service to other district WGCF clubs such as the Elroy-Viola bulb-planting project following tornado devastation. Hill and Valley also donates a tree to the Tree Walk in Myrick Park. There are 21 members, many who have been with the club more than 25 years.
Last Updated: on 9/7/2017 1:10:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time (8:10 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum