Ciudad de Alta Gracia - Patrimonio de la Humanidad
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache takes you to Alta Gracia, a city located in the north-centre of the province of Córdoba close to the Sierras Chicas mountain range. It has about 43,000 inhabitants.
In the 17th century Alta Gracia ("High Grace") was as a large agricultural ranch (an estancia) operated by Jesuits. Along with other ranches, Alta Gracia was founded to economically support the Collegium Maximum or "Colegio Máximo", one of Argentina's first universities (Universitas Cortuba Tucumanæ) and other educational institutes that are now part of the Manzana Jesuítica ("Jesuit Block"), an important center in Córdoba City. The Jesuit Block and Estancias of Córdoba were named World Heritage site in 2000.
Alta Gracia has a rich historical heritage. Some of the most important places are:
- The museum of Santiago de Liniers
- "El Tajamar", a man-made lake
- "El Obraje", a workshop were the Jesuits taught many Indians the different crafts
- The Sierras Hotel, which John F. Kennedy has visited
- A house where revolutionary Che Guevara used to live (now a museum)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The cache is hidden in a public park not far from the Che Guevara Museum.
The cache container is a round screw-top plastic box and big enough for common trackable items. It contains a log and a cachenote in Spanish. There is no pen, so be sure to bring your own!
yynj rug ghb xprup
- Cache SiteThis is the area where the cache is hidden
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum