Puzzle Shortcuts 5: Wordplay
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This puzzle series was inspired by ePeterso2’s series “Puzzle Solving 101”. Even though the traditional method of learning is the best, there is always something to be said about taking shortcuts. This series should be a sort of “Cliff Notes” for those that would like to get some of the pesky “?”s on their solved list. Follow along and make sure you keep the final coordinates for each one of these puzzles because they will help you to solve the final puzzle.
Wordplay can come in many forms. One way is to use the first letter of every word to spell something out (Ex. Please Use Zack’s Zanny Level Enhancer = PUZZLE). Another way to use wordplay would be to write a code within other words (Ex. Roger is on excellent terms with Carmi). See how ONE is encoded into the sentence.
Get it? Now solve the puzzle below!
1. Garth re-earned the cash he lost in poker.
2. Did you know Beth Reechie in middle school?
3. In the aftermath Reed, reunited with his family!
4. Some elements even have 3 isotopes!
5. Of our many members Kenny is the goofiest!
6. If I've offended you, then you shall surely parish in this world!
7. The scrolls of our ancestors remain hidden from the world.
8. Those three men have the wisdom of a fool.
9. Here is even more evidence that you can solve this puzzle!
10. That word should not be there, or should it?