Based on a stupid idea by PrincessDiala, C@H, Spladem and Philipp we invite all geocachers to the
WHAT : Geocaching event
WHEN : 12th of February 2011, 14:00 to 17:00
WHY : Just for the fun of it!
WHERE : Floating in Albert Park Lake
- You have to bring or borrow some kind of watercraft to reach the cache. I asked: a 4 metre tinny is ok ... as long as you take the motor off.
- It's not allowed to swim in the lake.
- Before you go onto the lake, you need to go to the park office (see waypoint below) and fill a form / indemnity agreement. I did it on Saturday arvo - that was done in five minutes. The thing is valid for a lifetime so you only have to do this once.
- You also have to have a PFD.
The coordinates point to the middle of the lake and this is where the logbook will be located. Hence the T5 rating. If there is a sailing school / rowing club / ... on the lake I might set-up the logbook in a less crowded part of the lake on the day of the event. In this case I'll post the coordinates. If you miss them: Look for the little yellow kayak.
- 2 pm - Meeting and floating on the lake. Sign the logbook.
- 3 pm - Gather for the FTF race. I found a nice spot at the south end: From the wooden thingy (not the landing) to the yellow buoy. That's around 200m.
- After the race - pick-nick and BBQ. There will be no food provided so remember to BYO food and other gear.
One last thing: the parking-fee for the whole day is $2 so bring some change.
Your Friendly Floatees
Martina and Philipp
If you want to put this image on your water-cache-page use this code:
<center> <a href= "http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=fbdf4f34-7d43-4643-b4d2-39b38560984e" target="_blank"> <img src="http://img.geocaching.com/user/4f517fa2-1742-4b70-8589-a6563ad9c513.jpg" alt="Melbourne Watercaches" border="0" width="400" height="109" /> </a></center>