Come out and play! It's the fifth annual caching romp through Sonoma County.
The Great Sonoma County Geo Rally - May 14, 2011
Welcome to the 2011 Sonoma County GeoRally - the biggest caching event in Sonoma County!
Here's how it works:
- A week or so before the event I'll post a file with a bunch of waypoints for you to load into your GPS before you come to the event.
- We'll meet at 10:45 am, at the listed coords.
- When you check in for the event, you can choose to donate a geo-related raffle item in return for a pick from the 'bucket-o-hints', which will give you a hint or answer to one of the questions. One hint per team.
- I'll give you all directions for the day's activities, then you'll head out on the caching GeoRally. A lot more info on the rally itself is available at http://www.donaldlaird.com/georally.html.
- I will be receiving entries between 4:00 and 4:30 pm, at the ending coordinates.
As this is the fifth annual event, expect some 5-related fun and twists :)
This event is also the starting point for The Great Cow Tag Race.
Fifty tags race from the 2011 GeoRally to the 2012 GeoRally. In addition to bragging rights, there will be prize packages for the winners, including awesome/quirky/high-quality Japanese 100 Yen store swag in a cache as well as an unactivated "Good Deeds" Artist's Edition Geocoin. Cowtests include:
o First In -- first tag checked in to 2012 GeoRally staff
o Longest Journey -- tag with the most mileage by the time it arrives at the GeoRally
o Most Interesting Journey -- a juried cowtest (guest judges tbd) to award the prize to the tag that's accumulated the most interesting logs/photos by the close of the GeoRally
For more information about the Cow Tag Race, visit its information page.