Come and enjoy a day of discoveries and activities
Venez participer a une journée
remplie de découvertes et d'activités
The Event will introduce you to The Fundy National Park and Five
new Caches developed with the theme of "International Year of Forests", along with the
existing caches inside the Park.
Cet événement se veut une
introduction au Parc National Fundy ainsi qu'aux cinq nouvelles
géocaches placées pour promouvoir ÉcoIntégrité.
The Event will be held at the Chignecto SOUTH Group Campground Shelter #3&4 N45 36.272 W64 59.354 with parking at N45°36.120 W064°59.224
L’évènement aura lieu a la
cabane du site pour les groupes de Chignecto SUD #3&4, N45 36.272 W64 59.354. Stationnement au N45°36.120 W064°59.224
10:00am Event Kick Off
Start,Welcome, Meet and Greet /
Début de l'événement, bienvenue et rencontre des
10:10am - 3:00pm Geocaching demo & Hiking / Randonné
3:00pm Closing / fin de
The geocache event will be located within the Fundy National Park.
Please pay appropriate park entry fees.
L’évènement Geocache aura
lieu dans le parc de Fundy. Les prix d’admissions seront
For newbies, there will be a hands on intro to geocaching (based on demand) with an excursion to a nearby demo geocache.
The 2011 Geocaches are:
- Logging Legacy - (History of logging in Fundy). This is a 2km round trip hike over easy terrain where boardwalk is the majority of the trail. Oh, did I mention the steps? Yes, easy on the way down, but might be a tad harder on the return trip. Lots of scenic views on this one.
- The Fog Forest - (Acadian Forest General Information). This should be a 3km round trip hike over good trails with some incline & stairs to traverse.
- Caught on Camera - (Pine Marten Research and the Pine Marten as a biological indicator for mature forest health). This is another easy hike. Close to Headquarters, you will have to walk around a less used area of the park. You will see a number of infrastructure items that used to be part of the park history along with a nice view. Depending on the parking location you will choose you are looking at 1km round trip.
- Hug a Tree - (Trees and all the do for us). This is an easy one, we recommend parking at Tippenlot for this one. The point of this cache is for you see the project once you get close to the cache. Length of the hike will be around 1km round trip
- Wings over Fundy - (Birds of Fundy and their relationship with the trees). This is moderate to hard trail over large rocks. Wear hiking boots. There are two trailheads to access this cache. Hiking distance will vary from 4.6 - 7 kms round trip. Rock hoping will be required to get to the final location. Take your time as you are looking at 2-3 hours.
1. The event time should allow participants ample time to complete the challenge in one day. However, note that you will be required to hike a certain distance and travel to various starting points in the park in order to complete the challenge.
Please be aware of your limitations before starting and set your
expectations for the day accordingly.
2. Reward Items will be on-site for those who return to the event base before the end of the event. Those arriving later can collect their geocoin at the visitor centre. Please be aware of the visitor centre hours on event day. Note that the reward item this year is non-trackable token.
3. Updated information will be added to the link below. Check often for the latest updates on the challenge as more information will be added prior to the event.
4. The visitor centre will be open from 8:30 to 4:15 on event day. If you have completed the challenge, you may pick up your reward item there before returning to event base.
5. For those camping saturday night, there is the NS Hospitality Night Event (http://coord.info/GC2QPN3) hosted by CacheUp NB. There will also be an Orienteering NB event Saturday night. 6. Orienteering NB will have event during the weekend, so you might encounter trail runners on some of the trails.
Follow this LINK for Additional Information
Suivre ce lien pour plus amples informations