It all went by in a flash! So now what? - Log your attendance. I know for a few geocachers there it was their first event, so to anyone who doesn’t know, you log your attendance by selecting ‘Log your visit’ on the top right of the cache page, then were it says ‘Type of log’ select ‘Attended’. You can write a note in the comments box if you wish, then select ‘Submit log entry.
Log your attendance within the next 2 weeks in order to get the WWFM VIII Souvenir.
We will upload the group photo to the cache page as soon as possible, so watch this space.
Go to TinyURL.com/WWFM8 to visit the official World-Wide Flash Mob geocaching event website and see statistics from WWFM VIII, photos, videos, stories and more.
What? World Wide Flash Mob : Around the world, groups of people assemble suddenly in a public place and disperse after a few minutes leaving onlookers wondering what just happened. On Saturday, June 4th 2011, there will be over 160 events in over 20 countries bringing geocachers together at the same time (Dublin, Ireland - 6pm)
Were? Given co-ordinates
When? 18:00 - 18:15, June 4th 2011. The event only lasts 15 minutes!
Who? All are welcome. This event will take place come rain or come shine so come prepared.
On the day of the Event:
- Get to the area early, but STAY AWAY from GZ until 6pm.
- Act like a muggle before the event starts
(don't congregate with other geocachers)
- A red bucket will be placed at the designated coordinates to signify the start of the event. The first person to run over and touch the red bucket gets FTF...JUST KIDDING! ; )
- Log sheets will be handed out for you to sign your attendance. Place your completed logsheet into the red bucket. If you miss returning your log sheet, you missed the event. A slip will be pulled from the returned logsheets for FTF : )
- There will be a group photo taken
- Enjoy the fun spirit of the WWFM. We encourage you to bring something fun for the photo (a flag, a silly hat, a baloon, a colorful umbrella, an inflatable bananna or whatever you like!) though this is not a requirement to attend the event : )
- At the end of 15 minutes, leave without a trace
ITS OVER !! The bucket will be picked up and everyone must leave "Ground Zero". If everything goes right we will have lots of people converging on one spot for a 15 minute geocaching event and then disappearing in different directions. Should be fun and very confusing to any observing muggles : )
Be sure to submit your "attended" log within 2 weeks of the event, in order to receive a special Geocaching.com WWFM VIII SOUVENIR.
Please add this page to your watchlist for possible updates. Also check out the forum, geocachingireland.com to discuss the event and for updates too.
Visit the WWFM website to learn more :