Meet fellow cachers and discover what sets apart EarthCaches from the rest of what geocaching offers. Participate in an analysis of this cache type's uniqueness, and learn how to develop and publish an EarthCache of your own on Thursday, May 26, beginning at 6:55 p.m., at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 357 Pioneer Drive, Valdez.
NorthWes (Platinum EarthCache Master) will present an updated, fast-paced EarthCaching FUNdamentals PowerPoint presentation. There will be Q&A time at the end. The presentation will cover:
- What sets apart EarthCaches from the other types of caches I hunt?
- Logging your EarthCache experience (it's a journey of discovery... with a test)
- Suggested log content – including those pesky photo requirements
- Discover why National Parks have adopted EarthCaching on park lands
- Concrete step by step illustration of how to submit an EarthCache
- Where to go for more information
This event is a live link via WebEx of event sites in Anchorage and Valdez.
Please place a watch on this event page to stay appraised of the final details. If you would like to host future EduVents elsewhere in Alaska, please contact Education Committee Chair, SSO JOAT.
Please arrive on time so upfront administrative details can be handled and announcements made, allowing the course content to start at 7:00 p.m. Adding a "Will Attend" log to this page will assure enough hard copy handouts are printed for the event participants. Also, please bring your favorite nonalcoholic beverage and favorite dessert to share with your fellow cachers.
There will be a free-will offering cache container at the event to help defray the costs of hosting these FUNdamentals EduVents.