What started out as a business trip to France very quickly morphed into the Ardennes Offensive guided by Dutch cacher Johny Cache and the Côte d'Azur to Feldkirk, Austria, sweep guided by Swiss cacher Worlddiver. Once the itinerary was mapped out, LBK realized caching in ten countries was possible. However, a surprise twist came toward the end of the trip as a result of Worldiver's quest for a certain ethnic food and an on-time arrival back home, which allowed two more countries to be cached before the 12th day of the "Euroschmache" (coined by NorthWes) concluded.
LBK will cover topics including, but not limited to:
- Setting up your European guides
- Explaining why Amsterdam's Rosse Buurt was the first stop of the trip and why we didn't have to swim there despite being below sea level
- Dutch Treat - Epic multi-caching
- Visiting Beaufort (not the Sea)
- Switzerland is in Luxembourg?
- A Belgian gold rush
- Rumble Seat Caching
- Rescuing Obelix from Julius Caesar
- How to rescue yourself when caught on a train without a ticket
- How do you say "Pau?"
- What is Pays Basque?
- Why the road to Luzerne passes through Nice
- Nice is nice, but Eze is easy
- "Gentlemen, start your engines!"
- How a DNF led to gelato
- If It's Sunday, this must be Switzerland...
- On the trail of Capra Hircus' roots
- Why Viamala doesn't need a translation
- Driving across a country in twenty minutes or less
- "Conivo" translated is "evil bad guy"
- Why you should think twice when LBK suggests you leave a perfectly good tram and walk 3 km for a cache or two
- The differences between Dutch, French, and Swiss public toilets
- Eat or cache...a truly tough decision
A WebEx and toll-free conference line feed will be provided upon request. E-mail Ladybug Kids if you are interested in attending remotely and he will provide you with login and dialing information.
Current Anchorage Weather