Urban Treasure Ramble 5001
Sunday 15th January 2012
Start & Finish location:
1pm (UTR will start at 1:30pm)
There are approximately 242 traditional caches currently enabled within a 6km radius of the Adelaide GPO.
This event is a scavenger hunt with a difference. 40 caches will be selected based on predetermined criteria and loaded with “something” - you want this “something”!
I have attended a few events now, and thought I could give something back… well here goes nothing…
At start of the event you will be told:
a) What you are looking for in the cache (i.e. what the “something” is), and
b) The criteria used to select caches (but not the names of the caches themselves) ... ie you will get a "hint sheet"
Armed with your GPS (hopefully loaded with traditional caches in a 6km radius of the GPO), the criteria, and your mode of transportation you and your team will have 1.5 hours to locate and collect as many “somethings” as possible. At the end of the 1.5 hours, your team returns to the start location for the “somethings” to be counted. The team with the most wins! Points will be deducted for arriving back late (ie taking longer than the 1.5 hours duration).
Although time is of the essence, we will all:
• Respect the caches we search and replace them with care
• We are not actually grabbing the cache - just removing the “something” from them
• Respect road rules etc etc
The social bit
At start/finish location has picnic facilities - I will provide a healthy supply of chilli-dogs from 3:00pm onwards!! Please bring your own chairs, picnic blankets, tables, drinks, food, snacks etc
UTR5001 event itinerary:
• Competing teams must be nominated at least 30 minutes prior (ie 1pm) to the start by making themselves known to UTR officials (look for the chillibutts insignia)
• “sector map”, “hint sheet” and instructions will be provided to teams 15 minutes prior to the start (ie 1:15pm)
• Teams have 15 minutes to open UTR documentation and plan their strategy but can not depart from parc ferme until the official start
• Official start 1:30pm
• UTR regrouping time 3pm - results and chillidogs