How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is not at the listed coordinates. Note that the final location can be up to 20km from the posted coordinates.
Your task is to find out some information about a particular horse seen in the image.
Final is located at: N 57° W.X E 24° Y.Z
- A - let's start easy - what is the gender of this horse? (Male = 11, Female = 12)
- B - how many words are in his/her name?
- C - how many letters are in his/her name?
- D - in which country does he/she reside in currently? (use this list to get the two letter code and sum the letter numbers in English alphabet (e.g. AB=1+2=3))
- For the next values you have to find the place where this horse has stayed in Latvia the longest and go there. Where the private road begins there is a gray electricity box (ignore the phone number).
- E - add (sum) the first digit and last digit of the big number on the box.
- F - add (sum) the 4th digit and 5th digit of the big number on the box.
- G - add (sum) the 3rd digit and 4th digit of the big number on the box.
- H - do you see a barrier on the private road? (Yes = 7, No = 5)
- W - (A+C+D+E) mod (C+G).
- Y - (B+F+H+E+C) mod (C-B+G+H).
- Multiply all values (from A to H) together and you will get a number at most 12 digits long (prefix it with zeroes to get exactly 12 digits). Number the digits from left to right.
- X - take the following three digits: 4th, 9th, 11th.
- Z - take the following digits and perform the equations: 7th, 5th + 8th + 12th, 10th + 12th.
Congratulations to vaavers and ginc2005 on the FTF!
Gnfx: gur dhrfgvbaf ner gelvat gb gevpx lbh.
Svany: va n gerr, 30 pz sebz tebhaq.