How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A small lock and lock container near to hooks mill.
The windmill is first mentioned before 1150 when William Peverel was granted a mill with his manor. This passed to the Haseldens in 1279 and it obtained the name Hook's Mill in the 1530s. The 14th and 16th centuries record millers using the site until when in 1649 the mill was sold to Lord Hatley St George and then to Thomas Quintin of Hatley.
The Dickasons then bought the mill in 1828 followed by the Sandersons in 1865 who worked the mill until 1920. It is this date which records a water mill assisted by an oil-fired engine, and a brick tower windmill. Sadly the water mill closed in the 1930s and became derelict by 1930 losing its sails by 1975.
vaorgjrra gehaxf bs gerr