9Key adopted this cache on 10/26/2008
Below is the original description for historical purposes only. Not much of it applies anymore. The container is a screw top plastic jar with rooom for small trade items.
The parking ares is really nasty but once you get out on the trail the area is very nice. It is about a quarter mile walk to the cache. take a left at the power lines and head towards to spillway. There is a nice view of the lake below the spillway and Texoma beyond from near the cache site.
Please rehide the cache better than you found it. Thanks!
The Original Description:
From the location of this cache you can see the down stream side of the Lake Texoma Spillway. This area is fairly overgrown with some green briars so it might not be suitable for kids. Jeans are a must while searching for the Cache Cow. This cache was placed by ShadowTracker and Miss Dash4Cache of Fort Worth and Mountain Man and Chicken Hawk of Sherman. It contains many theme items but also some useful items for adults.
The cache is a metal box. Our cache contains:
- Beanie Cow (THE Cache Cow)
- Plastic Native American (Shadow Tracker)
- Mini 'my little pony' (Miss Dash4Cache (racehorse name))
- A 'Mountain Man' camping cup (Mountain Man)
- Beanie duck (Best Chicken Hawk we could find on short notice).
- Small G.I. Joe Tank (matchbox size) and dog tag
- Small Maglight flash light and carrying pouch
- compass/whistle keychain.
This is our first cache so comments are welcome.