What's At Stake? #18 - Sweepstakes
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
you may already be a winner..
THE CACHE IS NOT AT THIS LOCATION... SOLVE THE PUZZLE TO FIND THE CACHE
Definatly BYOP, and a log extraction device could come in handy. Please be careful when putting the log and clue slip back in the container. And please be sure to return the cap to secure as good a fit as possible.
This is the 18th in a series of caches that follow the same theme. "What's at stake?". This cache can be enjoyed either stand-a-lone or as part of a bigger puzzle.
To Obtain This Cache:
You'll have to have to solve the following problem:
Robin, Tommy, John, Jane, Mary, Melissa, Brian, Patty, Carl and Vicky are in a sweepstakes drawing. They must each chose (with no repeats)
One of the following colors: Mauve, Tangerine, Magenta, Violet, Orange, Green, Cyan, Yellow, Red, Purple, Blue, Brown, Jade or Turquoise.
And a number from 0 - 9
- John's color did not contain any of the same letters from his name.
- No one had a color with the same first letter as their name.
- The last letter of Jane's color is the same last letter as Patty's number.
- Vicky's color can be found in Patty's color.
- Mary's color has the same number of letters as her name.
- Melissa's number is one higher than a number that starts with the same letter as her color.
- Brain's number is twice John's.
- # Letters in Tommy's color = # Letters in Brian's Color – Number of letters In Jane's Color.
- The second letter in Robin's number is the same as the second letter of Carl's number.
- Mary's number is twice as big as Tom's.
- Robin's number, minus Vicky's number equals Mary's number.
- If you mix Robin's color, with Jane's color, you will get Vicky's color.
- John's number plus Tommy's number = Robin's number as well as the same number of letters in Brian's color.
- Patty's number – 5 = Carl's number.
- Robin's number is 2 more than Patty's.
- The number of letters in Robins color = # Letters In Mary's Color + Melissa's Number.
- The number of letters in Patty's color = # Letters in Carl's Color + # Letters in John's Number.
- The second letter in Carl's color, matches the second letter in Mary's Color.
- Tom's Number is Odd.
- John's color has more letters in it than his number.
- Tommy's color had 2 fewer letters than Patty's number.
Once You Solve The Puzzle:
You'll see that some of the colors were not selected. Match the color which wasn't picked to find the location of the cache:
Tangerine - N 40° 13.(Brian)(Melissa)(Mary) W 075° 15.(John)(Carl)(Carl)
Orange - N 40° 13.(Robin)(Mary)(Robin) W 075° 15.(John)(Patty)(Tommy)
Green - N 40° 13.(Brian)(John)(Tommy) W 075° 15.(Mary)(Jane)(Melissa)
Turquoise - N 40° 13.(Patty)(John)(Brian) W 075° 15.(Patty)(Patty)(Robin)
Purple - N 40° 13.(Melissa)(Vicky)(Jane) W 075° 15.(Carl)(John)(Brian)
Blue - N 40° 13.(Carl)(Vicky)(Carl) W 075° 15.(Mary)(Mary)(Patty)
Mauve - N 40° 13.(John)(Mary)(Jane) W 075° 15.(Brian)(Patty)(Mary)
To Enjoy The Series:
Some of the caches in this series contain a clue which will help solve the puzzle to "GC2YB2J - What's at Stake? The 'Final' Stake In The Ground". In order to ensure that you have everything necessary to solve for the coordinates of the final cache, you'll pretty much have to visit all of the caches in this series. Every cache will have a nicely laminated strip of paper. The slip of paper may or may not contain a clue. Some caches may not have a clue.... some may have information relevant to the puzzle. You'll have to use your smarts to determine if the information is relevant or not.
If you correctly solve the puzzle, the coordinates can be filled in as:
N 40 15.ABC
W 075 2D.EFG
You have to find the correct coordinates for A, B, C, D, E, F and G. Only once you have gathered ALL of the REAL clues, you will be able to locate "The Final Stake In The Ground".
Oh, if you incorrectly solve the puzzle, you'll end up at "GC39761 - The Biggest Miss Stake".
Good Luck and I hope you enjoy.
Please do not post any spoilers indicating if there is or is not a clue at this cache.
Qba'g trg zvkrq hc jura lbh'er svthevat bhg Cnggl'f pbybe. V'q fgvpx gb gur yrggre bs gur ynj.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum