24: A Jack Bauer Role Play Cache
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This container is located on private property with permission from the American Legion Harford Post 39. There's no need to be stealthy here, as the Legion members are "friendlies.” Just politely thank them for their military service, and explain that you are a geocacher.
Formerly the site of Full Metal Jacket, a tribute to American Military Men and Women, this new cache is a tribute to all patriots involved with counter-terrorism. The cache is named after the Fox network television series titled, "24," starring Kiefer Sutherland as Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) agent Jack Bauer. Each 24-episode season covers 24 hours in the life of Bauer, using the real time method of narration. Premiering on November 6, 2001, the show spanned 192 episodes over eight seasons, with the series finale broadcast on May 24, 2010. Fox just announced that 24 will return within the year 2013 for 12 "condensed" episodes.
This container will not be difficult to find. Unlocking the container will be the real challenge. Once inside you'll find a technology-based interactive payoff.
(1) This is an interactive role-play cache in which you are playing as Jack Bauer to intercept a terrorist cell phone and input a disarm code to stop a pending attack on America. Disclaimer--This is a role play game with no real danger or threat to anyone.
(2) You have only 24 hours to complete the mission (on the honor system), and your clock starts once you log onto the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) database.
(3) Log onto the CTU database with url (visit link)
(4) The database will provide you with instructions on how to decipher the combination to the container's lock. Study and practice at home with an old Master Lock until you know how to decipher unknown combinations proficiently, so your field operation goes quickly and smoothly with minimal frustration.
(5) Locate the container using standard geocaching skills. Use your new spy skills from the CTU database to open the Master Lock on the container. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE CONTAINER--get inside by opening the lock--not by forced entry. The container has a waterproof seal--please don't pry open.
(6) Once inside the container, open the intercepted cell phone and search the contacts for "CTU."
(7) Use your own personal cell phone to text "disarm" to CTU. CTU will trace the intercepted cell phone and disarm the threat.
(8) Your mission is complete once you receive a text reply from CTU on your personal cell phone, "Mission complete. Good work Jack!"
Rznvy pnzbceb nf arrqrq.