- This event is on the 11th day of the11th month of 2011(It's ALL about the numbers :))
This is a webcam flashmob event
- A flashmob is were a group of people assemble suddenly in a public place and disperse after a few minutes leaving onlookers wondering what just happened.
- A group photo is usually taken at these events. At this event there is a webcam looking at the flashmob location's co-ordinates and so a screenshot from the webcam will be taken of the flashmob, making it a webcam flashmob event.
Were? Given Co-ordinates
What time? 7pm
Duration? 11 minutes
Everyone is welcome to attend, especially those new to Geocaching and visitors to Ireland. This event will take place come rain or come shine so come prepared.
On the day of the Event:
- Get to the area early, but STAY AWAY from GZ until 7pm.
- Act like a muggle before the event starts. (don't congregate with other geocachers)
- A red bucket will be placed at the designated coordinates to signify the start of the event.
- Log sheets will be handed out for you to sign your attendance. Place your completed logsheet into the red bucket. If you miss returning your log sheet, you missed the event. A slip will be pulled from the returned logsheets for FTF : )
- There will be a group photo taken via the webcam.
- Get creative! We encourage you to make and bring along a poster/sign to hold up to the webcam for the photo such as TFTC, DNF, TNLN, your caching name, whatever you like but make sure it's big so it can be read by the webcam. This is not a requirement to attend this event, it's just for fun :)
- At the end of 11 minutes, leave without a trace
ITS OVER !! The bucket will be picked up and everyone must leave "Ground Zero".
Update 28/10:Meet up afterwards in Litton's (@ N53 20.831, W006 15.663) for a coffee and eats, to discover trackables and swap stories.
Please add this page to your watchlist for possible updates. Also check out the forum, geocachingireland.com to discuss the event and for updates too.