The cache is placed at the small lake Raudtjørna, which serves as a backup water suply for the region. It's an 1 km easy hike from the given parking coordinates on a gravel road, suitable for small children and stroller friendly. The cache is snow safe - the road is not plowed, but it's easy terrain for skis or snowshoes!
Nottveitsætri is, when this challenge is published, a cache found two times since it was published June 26th 2008 - last time August 13th the same year - and no DNFs...
To complete the challenge:
Find 1 - one - cache that has not been found for at least 1 year - as simple as that! It has to be at least 365(366) days since the last found log.
In case of FTF, the published date is treated as the date of last find.
Some caches get found regularly. Other caches don’t get found for long periods of time – if ever. Typically, lonely caches are older caches that are either located in remote areas w/ challenging terrain, are seasonably accessible, or are more difficult puzzles or multis – or even combinations of the above. They don't pump up your numbers, but these caches do create great memories.
Reasons for completing the challenge:
Hike a quiet mountain trail, and you'll long remember the crisp air, curious wildlife, and magnificent views. Go places you've never been before on by bike or kayak. Strap on snowshoes. Or - sit down to solve that 5 star mystery! Lonely caches are the ones you have to earn. Watch out, though! Once you find your first lonely cache, you might become addicted. Most other caches will pale in comparison, and geocaching will never be the same.
Besides, you'll get this supercool button :D
A few simple rules:
1. Finds must occur after the publish of this challenge (The reason for completing the challenge should be "YEAH! i want to do that!!")
2. No replacements finds are allowed; if the cache is gone, it's gone!
3. No re-finds or finds of your own caches.
4. There are no limitations regarding cache size, and it can be anywhere in the world. All cache types with a physical log count, except GC3964E ;)
5. In the event geocachers (nicks) search together for a lonely cache, they will all be allowed to use the cache towards the challenge - a nice experience gets even better when it's sheared!
6. Finding of archived caches will not be allowed to count toward this challenge (although they usually involve interesting stories)
7. Write in your log which lonely cache(s) you have found towards the challenge; if the criteria for logging this cache isn't met, the log will be deleted.
In your online log for each Lonely cache you find, please mention the Only the Lonely challenge!