Faraday Road:2011 Estacada Geocoin Challenge
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
THIS CACHE IS A REQUIRED CACHE TO EARN THE 2011 ESTACADA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE GEOCOIN.
"The Estacada post office opened in February 1904 and the city was incorporated in May 1905. The community formed as a camp for workers building a hydroelectric dam on the nearby Clackamas River that was to supply Portland with electricity. At the time, the river was relatively inaccessible by road, forcing the Oregon Power Railway Company to build a railway to the vicinity of the river to transport crews to the river for the construction of the dam. After the construction of the Hotel Estacada, the town became a weekend destination on the railroad line for residents of Portland. During the week, the train carried freight and work crews to and from Portland. Following the development of the dams, the city became a hub for the logging industry. In the early 20th century, a trolley line connected the town with downtown Portland. The railway line has been removed and there is no longer rail service to Estacada."
"A group of very talented local artists banded together 18 years ago and painted the first mural in Estacada - the Artback Artists were born. Since then, the group has added their handiwork to dozens of buildings in the community, featuring murals depicting Native Americans, Estacada in its heyday as a timber town, pioneers on their way to Oregon City and numerous other themes. These murals have made Estacada a very special place to live. Estacada is growing as a community that really cares about its surroundings and the arts. Creating is the essence of our purpose and is imperative to our progress as a humanity."
"Happy Trails" Designed by Eileen Belanger
2011 Estacada Area Chamber of Commerce Geocoin Challenge Rules:
1. The Estacada Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to modify the rules at anytime and for any reason. It is suggested that until you have earned and picked up your geocoin that you maintain this cache on your ‘watch list’ so that you will become aware of ANY changes.
2. There is a limit of 1 geocoin per geocaching family.
3. The standard rules and disclaimers that apply to all geocaches apply to this challenge.
4. You must ‘find’ and ‘log’ on geocaching.com and enter on your registration card at least 10 geocaches in the ‘Estacada area’ (The ‘Estacada area’ is defined as including any geocache within 5 miles of downtown Estacada.). At least 6 of the geocaches must be from the list of geocaches that you have ‘found’ from the list below on this geocache page.
5. In the event that you are unable to negotiate the terrain to 'find' a required cache or cannot gain access to the cache for any reason, you may substitute any other Estacada area cache for that cache. Please point out that change to the person that you submit your registration card to at the Chamber when you go to claim your coin.
6. All geocaches must be ‘found’ within 30 days of claiming your earned geocoin.
7. To receive your 2011 Estacada Area Chamber of Commerce collector’s geocoin, return the completed registration card to the Estacada Chamber of Commerce at their office [475 SE Main St., Estacada, Oregon or N 45 17.166 W 122 20.063] . Office hours: 10-3 Monday-Friday. On Sat and Sunday between 10AM and 5PM, you can turn in your Registration Form at the Estacada Public Library, 825 NW Wade St., Estacada @ coordinates N 45 17.814 W 122 20.300 to receive your Geocoin.
8. The Estacada Area Chamber of Commerce Geocoin Challenge ends when the last 2011 geocoin is given to an Estacada Area Chamber of Commerce Geocoin Challenge Participant.
9. If you are unable to get to the Estacada Area Chamber of Commerce during regular business hours, please give your card to another geocacher to claim your Estacada Area geocoin for you as the Chamber is unable to mail your coin to you.
10. Registration Forms are available from the Estacada Chamber of Commerce during their business hours. Or you can Print one from the First Log Entry!
Find at least 6 of the 10 caches from this list
Whfg n yvggyr hcuvyy orgjrra gur onfr bs gjb sve gerrf naq n zhygv-gehaxrq ohfu.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum