This cache has been placed with permission and can only be accessed when the Oregon Zoo is open (see "Related Web Page" link for rates and hours). You are looking for a very easy to find locked 50 caliber ammo can.
Welcome to the elephants! This is one of my favorite places to visit in the zoo and has been one of its most distinguishing characteristics since September 13, 1953 when the zoo received its first Asian elephant, Rosy. On April 14, 1962, Packy was born. He was the first elephant born in this country in 44 years and attendance for this event exceeded one million!
- Q - Why do elephants have trunks?
A - Because they would look funny with a suitcase.
- Q - What do you call an elephant in a phone booth?
A - Stuck!
- Q - Why did the elephant paint her toenails red?
A - So she could hide in a bowl of cherries.
- Q - What's big and grey with horns?
A - An elephant marching band!
To open lock: 1) turn right 3 times and stop at the 1st number; 2) turn left one full turn passing the 1st number to stop at 2nd number; 3) turn right and stop at the thrid number. Be sure to find the other three caches located on the grounds. All caches are family friendly and should contain family friendly swag.
- Cache owners appreciate when finders provide logs about their adventures (or misadventures). Nothing more than TFTC makes us frown.
- Please log DNFs and information about the cache's condition. It helps owners decide when to check on their cache.