1) What year was Robert Ellis Born?
2) What state was Robert Ellis Born in?
3) What country was Robert Ellis's parents from?
4) What was the last name of the man Robert Ellis found sleeping on the ground near a garden and Robert thought the man was dead?
5) How many acres did Robert Ellis mark out and claim as home on the bluff overlooking the Cedar River?
6) How many pennies did Robert Ellis pay per acre for his claim?
7) What year did Robert Ellis get married?
8) What was the maiden name of Robert Ellis's wife?
9) What year did Robert Ellis die?
10) What year did the city purchase from Robert Ellis 47 acres now known as Ellis Park?
Use the following formula to solve for the final coordinates:
N42 AB.CDE and W091 FG.HIJ
A = Answer to question 1 - 1817
B = First letter of answer 2 - 16
C = First letter of answer 3 -7
D = First letter of answer 4 - 6
E = Answer to question 5 - 152
F = Answer to question 6 - 121
G = Answer to question 7 - 1855
H = First letter of answer 8 - 2
I = Answer to question 9 - 1907
J = Answer to question 10 - 1900
You can check your answers for this puzzle on Geochecker.com.
At the final location be careful of passing traffic and make sure you look at and read the Concrete Marker. I'm not sure of the history of the marker but if you look closely I'm pretty sure it was somehow tied into Robert Ellis.
My Lesson Learned: With the hint and the puzzle coordinates you will get close enough to GZ to make the find, but after a couple finders noticed the coordinates off a little I did some research. I discovered I had the WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) function on my GPS disabled. Battery life will be reduced but this function can increase accuracy from 10-15 meters to less than 3 meters. I don't want to mess with the puzzle or Geochecker so per JollyWally's suggestion: Subtract .005 from your North Coordinate and add .005 to your West.
Good Luck and have Fun!