Israel's First Confluence Point Cache: N30 E35
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Israel is a small country, and only hosts 3 full-degree confluence points: N30/E35, N31/E35, N32/E35
This Geocache is located at the southern point. It requires a 2km walk, each way, from the closest paved road.
We constructed a "rujum" (a rock pile marker) at the confluence point, and placed the cache contaner at the side of its base. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE APART THE RUJUM, it is meant to protect the cache from sliding down hill.
* The cache is in the middle of the Negev Desert. It can get very hot, especially suring the summer. Use common sense on the time you choose to come. Always bring water, a hat and put on lots of sunscreen. One might even consider doing this cache at night - in that case a full moon is highly recomended.
* When lifting rocks, be cautious of snakes and scorpions.
* You will likely be walking through a large dried river basin. Be aware of flash floods, especially in the winter.
* You can find many large fossils around the cache area. Look around! About 13m North of ground zero, there is a hole that I'm designating - the "Fossil Museum" (N 30 0.007 E 34 59.998). Please place here any cool fossils you find, but choose not to take.
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE FOSSILS FROM THE "MUSEUM".
* This Geocache was inspired by the Degree Confluence Point Project
(visit link) . For more information, check out the wikipedia article: (visit link)
* The northern confluence point (N32 / E35) would have been far more accessible for most people, but unfortunately it's located in an active military zone, and is strictly off-limits.
Ybbx ng gur onfr bs gur ehwhz, ba gur fvqr gung cbvagf hc-uvyy
Last Updated: on 2/2/2017 7:28:02 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (3:28 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum