Skip to Content

Traditional Geocache

Eglise Sainte Eulalie

A cache by Calimero33 Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 5/3/2012
In Aquitaine, France
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Eglise Sainte Eulalie

La place et l’église Sainte-Eulalie auraient été construites sur le légendaire emplacement d’une chapelle élevée par Charlemagne, et marquait l’angle sud-ouest du rempart médiéval. L’église actuelle a subi de nombreux remaniement mais l’on peut encore admirer le petit portail du mur nord de l’édifice, qui date du 15e siècle. La flèche du clocher, ébranlée par la foudre, avait du être démontée à la fin du 18e siècle et la façade occidentale fut entièrement remaniée au 20e siècle, déposant ainsi le portail gothique que Raymond de Birac avait offert à la ville en 1371.
Cette place tranquille située à l’emplacement de l’ancien enclos de l’église fut largement remaniée au 19e siècle. Le cimetière fut supprimé après 1794 et la place fut plantée. Un porche construit par Poitevin en 1828 agrémentait l’entrée de l’église dont la nef fut prolongée et la façade principale rebâtie en 1903 par l’architecte Magne. Le clocher, haut de 54 m, fut découronné à deux reprises par la foudre et rebâti (en 1612 et 1803). Son aspect actuel est le résultat de sa reconstruction en 1863-1864 par l’architecte Gustave Alaux.

The Square and Church St. Eulalia have been built on the legendary site of a chapel built by Charlemagne, and marked the southwest corner of the medieval ramparts. The present church has undergone numerous remodeling but you can still see the small gate of the north wall of the building, which dates from the 15th century. The steeple, shattered by lightning, was disassembled in the late 18th century and the west front was entirely rebuilt in the 20th century, thereby depositing the Gothic portal that Birac Raymond had offered the city in 1371.
This quiet square located at the site of the old enclosure of the church was largely rebuilt in the 19th century. The cemetery was removed after 1794 and the place was planted. A porch built by Poitevin in 1828 brightened the entrance to the church whose nave was extended and rebuilt the main façade in 1903 by architect Magne. The tower, 54 meters high, was dethroned twice by lightning and rebuilt (in 1612 and 1803). Its present appearance is the result of its reconstruction in 1863-1864 by architect Gustave Alaux.

La Plaza e Iglesia de Santa Eulalia se han construido en el sitio legendario de una capilla construida por Carlomagno, y marcó la esquina suroeste de las murallas medievales. La iglesia actual ha sido objeto de remodelación numerosos, pero todavía se puede ver la puerta pequeña de la pared norte del edificio, que data del siglo 15. El campanario, destruido por un rayo, fue desmontado en el siglo 18 y el frente del oeste fue totalmente reconstruida en el siglo 20, lo que se deposita en el portal gótico que Birac Raymond había ofrecido a la ciudad en 1371.
Esta plaza tranquila, en el sitio del antiguo recinto de la iglesia fue reconstruida en gran parte en el siglo 19. El cementerio fue retirado después de 1794 y el lugar estaba sembrado. Un porche construido por Poitevin en 1828 iluminó la entrada de la iglesia, cuya nave central se amplió y reconstruyó la fachada principal en 1903 por el arquitecto Magne. La torre, de 54 metros de altura, fue destronado por un rayo dos veces y reconstruido (en 1612 y 1803). Su aspecto actual es el resultado de su reconstrucción en 1863-1864 por el arquitecto Gustave Alaux.

Der Platz und Kirche St. Eulalia haben auf dem legendären Gelände einer Kapelle von Karl dem Großen erbaut wurde gebaut, und markiert die Südwestecke der mittelalterlichen Stadtmauer. Die heutige Kirche hat zahlreiche Modernisierungen unterzogen, aber Sie können immer noch das kleine Tor der Nordwand des Gebäudes, das aus dem 15. Jahrhundert stammt. Der Kirchturm, vom Blitz zerschmettert, wurde Ende des 18. Jahrhunderts demontiert und die Westfront wurde komplett in das 20. Jahrhundert wieder aufgebaut wird, wodurch das gotische Portal, dass Birac Raymond hatte die Stadt im Jahr 1371 angeboten.
Diese ruhigen Platz an der Stelle des alten Gehäuses von der Kirche entfernt wurde größtenteils im 19. Jahrhundert wieder aufgebaut. Der Friedhof wurde nach 1794 entfernt und die Stelle gepflanzt wurde. Eine Veranda von Poitevin im Jahre 1828 gebaut aufgehellt den Eingang zur Kirche, deren Langhaus wurde erweitert und die Hauptfassade umgebaut im Jahre 1903 von dem Architekten Magne. Der Turm, 54 Meter hoch, wurde zweimal vom Blitz entthront und wieder aufgebaut (im Jahre 1612 und 1803). Das heutige Aussehen ist das Ergebnis seiner Rekonstruktion in 1863-1864 vom Architekten Gustave Alaux.

Google Traduction :

 

Micro cache sans stylo, donc ne pas oublier le votre.

free counters

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Har cnhfr f'vzcbfr

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

591 Logged Visits

Found it 544     Didn't find it 31     Write note 1     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 5     Owner Maintenance 8     Update Coordinates 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 37 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:26:16 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:26 PM GMT)
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page