This is a series of 64 caches (1952 - 2012) plus three extra caches (The Queens Carriages, Buckingham Place and Balmoral) placed to commemorate the Queens Diamond Jubilee. The complete series is over 16.25 miles (26 km) circular walk that takes in parts of the river Arun and surrounding countryside to the south west of Billingshurst. The route will take you along sections of the Way South Path.
Along the route you will pass these other caches, which you could include on your walk, if you have not already grabbed them:
The given attributes are for the complete series and not this specific cache.
The difficulty and terrain rating is also for the complete walk.
- Parts of the route takes you along the river Arun so please keep a close eye on any children and dogs that you have with you.
- There could be stands of Giant Hogweed along sections of the river - this is an impressive plant (looks like 12 foot cow parsley) but it has caustic sap and will cause blistering of exposed skin, especially in strong sunlight, so although no caches are hidden close to it, you should still be careful, especially with children.
- You will have to cross the A29 a few times so please ensure you look out for any children and dogs with you.
- You also have to cross a railway line at one point so please ensure you look out for any children and dogs with you.
- There are a couple of sections of road that need to be walked along. Generally these are quite country lanes with good paths or verges, but once again please watch out for your children and dogs.
- Parts of this route can get very muddy when wet so please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear.