The village of Twywell is located near the A604 approximately 3 miles west of Thrapston. It was recorded in the Domesday Book as Twowelle but can be dated back to the Iron Age. The Manor House Farm dates from 1591 and some of the building material is thought to have come from an old monastery situated between Slipton and Sudborough at a site known as 'Money Holes'. The village is centred along the High Street and The Green and there are no less than nine buildings of special architectural or historic interest contained within the Parish. The population in 1991 was 179 with 87 dwellings: the estimate for 1995 was a population of 181 and a dwelling stock of 88. The village is served by mains drainage, a butcher (shown in the photo), an off-licence and a public house. It is visited by a mobile greengrocer and library. A bus service operates to Thrapston and Kettering. Twywell Hills & Dales Country Park is nearby and provides attractive countryside walks. Lowick is approximately 2.5 miles northwest of Thrapston and contains two villages within its Parish - Lowick and Slipton. Lowick was recorded in the Domesday Book as Luhwic. St Peter's Church, shown in the picture, is famous for its magnificent lantern tower and many other features. To the west of the village is Drayton Park. Drayton House can be traced back to the 13th Century and its gardens are included on the Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. In 1991 the population of Lowick Parish was 252 in 110 houses: in 1995 the estimates were for 259 and 113. The village is served by mains drainage and is visited by a variety of mobile services including a fruit & vegetable Van and a mobile library. It has a village hall, playing field, Pocket Park and a public house. A bus service operates to Thrapston, Oundle and Corby.