Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
The Crappie Flop Get Together
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
When: August 25th from 9:00 o'clock A.M. - 12 o'clock P.M.
- You may arrive at anytime and activities will be going on throughout, though earlier in the event may be better.
- If you plan on attending please post a "Will Attend" log on the cache page.
Where: Parkers Lake Park Picnic Shelter East
- Located in the eastern edge of the park, near the boatlaunch. As you head westbound on County road 6, take a left into the first turn into the park (the stoplight with Niagra Ln. to the North.) When you enter the park you will come to a T in the road. Take a right into the legal parking area and there will be a picnic shelter on the left side of the T where the event will be headquartered. This picnic shelter is available on a first come first serve basis. In the event of us not getting the picnic shelter we have a fall out plan if needbe within the park.
What to do When You Arrive:
- Check the parking coordinates below. Parking is either west of the shelter near the building or it is across the street towards the baseball fields.
- After parking please sign the guest book. It is required to be allowed to receive a find for attending. There will be a table with a "check in" sign on it.
- There also will be a trackable item table. Please be careful and log what you drop in and what you take out. We do not want any tracking items to go missing if possible!
- We will not be organizing food at the event or a gathering at a restaurant afterwards. If someone gets a group together to go get food afterwards that is fine, we just will not be organizing.
Games: There will be three games going on for prizes.
- New Geocaches: Four new geocaches will be placed before the event. Each cache will have a word written on the logbook. If you find all four caches, share the names of the five animals with the person at the check in table, written on a sheet of paper, to be entered into the drawing for the door prize. If you do not obtain the coords before the event, they will be on display at the event!
- Target Practice: How good are your geo senses. Using your gps and your geo skills, try to guess where we hid the cache! There will be one non-published, unofficial cache hidden somewhere in Parkers Lake Park. If you can return that container to mnfishnutz or Troutonthebrain, the prize is yours. If no one is able to find the small cache, the person with the best coordinates guess will get the prize. Take a coordinate reading with your gps and submit your guess to Troutonthebrain to be entered into the contest.
- How Many Golf Balls: How many golf balls are in that container! Test your ability to read how much swag can fit into a container.
- If you do not wish to participate in the games, you do not have to. There is plenty of space in the picnic shelter to sit and socialize. I will be there to talk too. =) Come introduce yourself!
We hope that we all have a great time at our first event!
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:47:51 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:47 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum